Monday, January 16, 2006

I believe in God because of little things like tear ducts. Seriously, I would question someone who does not believe, "How can you not believe in a great God when you can look in the mirror, examine your eyes, and find little holes put there for the sole purpose of the outpouring of our hearts?" That to me is a mind-blowing find. Yes, the whole childbirth thing was quite a miracle but the more convincing evidence of a creator is the differences in my children's personalities. The most recent convincing piece of evidence was the Lament service at our church last night. It is the anniversary of the death of one of our own..Little, sweet, precious Brody Bourland, a 6th grader. Our youth had made a trip to Dallas to a youth conference and on the way home one of the vehicles flipped and wounded these precious children but taking Brody. My son was on the trip and played with Brody in the pool and has stories of Brody going forward giving his little heart to Jesus. Sam wasn't close to Brody but his grief was big, along with the other youth at our church. The youth could do nothing but fall into each other's arms asking each other why. Satan's darkness was blown away by the light of God's love in their dependence on Him and each other. Last night was the Lament service, the rememberance of those we have lost. I watched our youth again fall into each other's arms, weeping, and then surrounding Brody's family with God's love. It was truly a beautiful picture painted by the bright beautiful colors of hope instead of despair. I will never forget that moment.

2 comment(s):

Beverly,

I too saw the face of God last night as we grieved for one another as a body. I am so thankful for the gift that God bestowed on us when he gave us tears. These tiny drops bring with them so much healing and redemption. I truly felt that I was in the throneroom of Heaven as we once again surrendered our journey to the Lord! My life has been blessed by you!
Lauren Cunningham

By Blogger Lauren, at 12:06 PM  

Bev, I'm so glad I found your blog...I will read it often...I to wonder how people do not believe in a God...when He did make tiny holes for us to cry from...(which I do quite often) ...and so many other unimaginable things...I'm glad your church had the time together..I hope school goes well this semester. See ya, Rosalyn

By Blogger Rosalyn, at 11:14 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home