Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I have talked to a few people that have alluded to the fact that God sent Katrina to wash away the sins and the city and the people got what they deserved. "Did you know they were about to have a gay parade there right before the storm hit?" Its like I was so taken back I couldn't speak...I wanted to ask her, "Do you really think there is more sin in New Orleans than in Abilene?" We read where the pharisees put themselves above those who supposedly were pretty sinful with some pretty obvious sins. I think Jesus reminded them, in a not so subtle manner, what sin was in their hearts. Yikes..talk about your awkward moment.

7 comment(s):

I'm with you - I just have no patience with people who arrogantly assume they know God's thoughts. The disciples asked Christ, upon seeing a blind man, "Who sinned - this man or his parents?" Jesus pointed out that this man's ailment was an opportunity for Him to show His goodness.

I think that the body of Christ should have the same attitude when it comes to these catastrophes. Rather than asking "Who sinned?" perhaps we could simply look at these as opportunities to show His goodness.

Gee, I got a bit preachy. Shall I offer the invitation? ;-)

By Blogger Scott, at 4:21 AM  

I did get this urge to grab my songbook...
No, just kidding ...good stuff.

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:58 AM  

I can’t believe how stupid people can be. Everyone knows that God sent the storms because we are illegitimately in Iraq.

By Blogger Clint, at 8:01 AM  

haha Thank you Mayor Nagin!

Clint, you are such a smart aleck.. I was so jealous that Merlin and Sam got to see your amazing wife..well, and you, last night. I had to freakin work!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 9:12 AM  

oops..I said "freakin"...sorry everybody in blog land whom I may have offended..

By Blogger Beverly, at 9:13 AM  

as i read scott's post i was humming "just as i am" but then i got flippin offended by the funkin comments that beverly just freakin put out there. ok that was probably offensive to some. i'll just get in the bathtub now and brace myself for the tornado of God's wrath.

By Blogger janet, at 11:08 AM  

phew..thanks Janet..:)

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:00 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home