Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I'm going to rent myself a house
In the shade of the freeway
I'm going to pack my lunch in the morning
And go to work each day
And when the evening rolls around
I'll go on home and lay my body down
And when the morning light comes streaming in
I'll get up and do it again
~Jackson Browne~

I don't want to get caught up going through the motions. It seems its been like that the last few days...I want today to be different. I want to embrace each face I encounter and love each heart I see. I want to feel the sun instead of putting it in the category of assumptions of things that will always be there. I want to be filled with adventure and laugh at exhaustion. I want to take great delight in the fact that Jesus is here beside me. He's in my van, in my classes, in my work and in my home. I want to see Him...

11 comment(s):

I like that visual. Me and Jesus, in a van, down by the river. Or is it Jesus and me and are there suppose to be comas and if so are they in the right places?

By Blogger Clint, at 11:35 AM  

Good one Clint - On a different note, Beverly, I cannot imagine anything, any situation, any moment in time in your life being mundane. You exhibit a love for life that can only be categorized as ZEAL! I love being around you and I can't wait to spend some time with you this weekend.

By Blogger Candy, at 6:32 AM  

clint..you put the commas in the right place but mispelled comma. ha ha ha

candy..I am so psyched about this weekend and being with you too. and thanks for the snaps..you know what snaps are?

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:13 AM  

I misspelled comma on purpose, yea that’s it. Or is that mispelled?

By Blogger Clint, at 10:47 AM  

no, what is a snap??? By the way, if I were in a van, down by the river with Jesus, I'd surely be in a coma.

By Blogger Candy, at 6:57 PM  

hahahaha..you guys are killin me..this is starting to sound like some bad Jack Benny comedy routine..

Candy..I'll let you in on snaps this weekend...maybe when you least expect it.

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:21 AM  

Beverly that scares me bad. Not only do I have all those midgets to watch over, now I have to watch my back!

By Blogger Candy, at 4:59 AM  

And Clint - this is not fair!! You need to start writing in a blog so we can shadow and lovingly harass you!!

By Blogger Candy, at 5:01 AM  

Bev, I have read some of your post on other blogs and something is fishy about them.

Candi, do I look stupid to you.

By Blogger Clint, at 7:56 AM  

I loooooove Jackson Browne. I was listening to the Pretender last night, in fact.

By Blogger Cole, at 9:02 AM  

as i read your post, beverly, i thought...that's the problem right there...can you live la vida loca in a van!?!?!? :)

but then, you put you and jesus in a van down by the river, and that might be a life less ordinary.

well, i hear ya on this post. often when there is a beautiful full moon i want to yell at everyone, "this is marvelous! this is somethiing outside our world! don't take it for granted! don't assume it will always be here!"

By Blogger janet, at 11:05 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home