Tuesday, August 01, 2006

SHE'S GOT A LIGHT AROUND HER*


Okay...I was inspired when I read Honeybee's post about Scott, to post about someone I have come to love just recently...
Okay..when I first read Discom's blog, some months ago, I blushed and clicked out. ...But, alas, I kept going back. I really started to like this girl.
I guess what I want to say is that not only has God blessed me with her friendship but YOU would be richly blessed to know her.
My life has fallen apart in these last few months and she and I began to email and Yahoo Messenger back and forth. She has inspired me to hang in there. She has helped me to see hope in the distance and she has prayed for me, both she and Kyle have.
She recently came to town and we met and had a blast. We talked about life and love and heartache and it was such a precious moment. We ended our night going to hear Mr. Cole sing to us. It was a rich night.
I was in Arlington with Whitney and ended up needing a place to crash so I called on Brook. Of course, she was happy to do it and she even came to get me to follow her so I wouldn't get lost.
I got some bad news that night..she made my bed and assured me everything would be fine. Harley, the cutie dog, curled up on top of me and slept with me all night.
Brook, girl, I feel richer having you in my life and anyone would be blessed to know you.
So..heres to you girl!



*From "Shes Got a Way" by Billy Joel

8 comment(s):

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger Mrs. Goodneedle, at 6:47 AM  

She is wonderful... I deleted the previous comment.. I was signed in as my mom :-O

By Blogger Flake, at 6:49 AM  

That's really awesome. She sounds like a good girl.

But women are still hard to understand, even if they are really great. HA!

And we'll be in Abilene soon enough!! I PROMISE!!!

By Blogger Matt Worthington, at 10:14 AM  

All right - this is ENOUGH. BROOK IS THE DEVIL!!!

But if there has to be a devil, I'm glad it's someone I love. At least I will be tortured for eternity by someone with great taste in music, a compassionate heart for those who are hurting, and a deep-running spirit of love.

By Blogger Scott, at 10:43 AM  

Oh! Everybody's so mushy lately! I love it!

Note: don't anyone ever give Kyle your password, or he'll obsessively sign in as you and then correct himself ;)

Another thing that's funny is that I can't help but pray for my blog friends using their blog names. Like "God watch over Discom as she flies to NC." I'm sure God finds it funny.

By Blogger Lucas, at 3:57 PM  

That is correct Blondie... I comment or post on the chat box.. then realize afterwards and have to try to fix it...

By Blogger Flake, at 5:07 PM  

You know, I doubt I have ever mentioned this to anyone before, but there was one evening last year when I clicked on Discom's blog and could not stop reading. I felt like I knew her afterwards, which, I guess, is the weird and lovely thing about this blog world. I appreciated her honesty and wit and spirited love for others, and really, her blog was quite influential to me. I know that that evening was the start of my reading blogs more frequently and even the beginning of my thinking about writing my own. Thank you, Discom. I am happy for you and Kyle.

By Blogger Laurie, at 11:39 PM  

Discom, You are so very welcome. Thanks for the response and for visiting my blog. It is great to see you there!

By Blogger Laurie, at 10:44 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home