Tuesday, July 25, 2006


So...I am at DFW waiting for my girl to get out of a meeting..I look a couple of tables over and this guy is on a laptop and looks over. I ask him, "Are you a soldier?" He says, "No, I just wear camouflage and have my hair cut really short." HaHa...very funny! I ask him where he's going and he says, "Home" and I ask him where he's been and he says, "Iraq." It just touched my heart...I said, "thanks" and he smiled. I stood up and made my way over to him and told him I was going to have to hug him. He stood up and obliged. My daughter making her way back from her meeting glances up to see me in the arms of this guy and she just shakes her head..

Don't you wish you could hug all of them?....

16 comment(s):

How bout a "man hug" or a pat on the back... If those are acceptable yes, I do.

By Blogger Flake, at 8:43 PM  

Hey were you and Jeanie still interested in getting together for coffee while I am in town? Unfortunately my schedule is severely limited by camp. I could do coffee/breakfast on Friday morning at say McD's on Ely? I have to be back on campus at 9am so I could do anytime before.

By Blogger Demosthenes, at 10:46 PM  

Friday would be awesome!!!
email me at bnicemann@hotmail.com and give me your cell number!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 11:56 PM  

I wouldn't mind shaking their hand...

By Blogger Frustrated Writer, at 5:14 AM  

I second the "man hug"... or maybe a really good high five, with lots of twists and other unique moves. Maybe a handshake/highfive/"man hug" kind of thing.

By Blogger Matt Worthington, at 5:29 AM  

kyle and FW and Matt..okay, you guys can pat them on the back or shake their hands.haha

demo..looking forward to meeting you..

By Blogger Beverly, at 6:02 AM  

soldiers on both sides need hugs... history seems to reveal the humanity, and inhumanity, of both.

I like you beverly... that was a special thing you did today!

By Blogger gracie, at 6:24 AM  

gracie girl..I like you too!!

no doubt, hugs on both sides...I remember seeing the movie Das Boot..it really made me rethink the way I viewed the enemy soldiers..

By Blogger Beverly, at 7:07 AM  

Can you do 6:15 so Jeannie can come too? It's a bit early but I think it'll work for me.

By Blogger Demosthenes, at 2:00 PM  

oh dear me..okay, boy..6:15 on friday morning!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:55 PM  

HAHAHAHA! Oh Beverly, you're awesome :)

By Blogger Lucas, at 8:57 PM  

God bless everyone of them, and bring them home safe and SOON!

By Blogger Scott, at 4:15 AM  

Wow Beverly,

When I was at the airport yesterday, There were two men hugging and blubbering like babies. Typically, I would not really see the beauty in this. Yesterday was different, one of the men was wearing his BDU's. I presume that the men were brothers, the other man had his wife and kids there and what I believe to be the two men's mother. I was truly humbled at the sight.

I did not have the oppertunity to even offer a "man hug" as these two men went on for quite some time and the next time I looked they were all gone. On second thought maybe this other man hugging and crying with the soldier was just a fellow reader.

By Blogger Flake, at 5:33 AM  

Blondie...awesome..I don't know about that..just thankful!

Scott..yep..

Kyle..awww...how precious..
and...how are things over there, buddy?

Candy...girl..I miss you...its been a good week and Whitney wanted to go see you but I told her you were headed to Colorado...maybe in a few weeks we could have small group and she could share...Girl..how I love you and admire you and thank God for you...peace

By Blogger Beverly, at 6:12 AM  

6:15 in the morning! That is early, but I am looking forward to it. Thanks for working things out, so I can come!

By Blogger Jeans, at 7:17 AM  

Dang it woman! You should have brought her over here!! I'm dying to see her and hug her and hear all about it! I cannot wait a few weeks. No way. I'm back late Monday - what does next week look like for you two?

By Blogger Candy, at 8:38 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home