Saturday, July 15, 2006

Its goodbye again.....


Had to put my brother on the airplane today, back to Hong Kong...
Never enough time with him...
He bought me my first 10 speed..
He took me to the Grand Canyon for the first time...
He's dared me to climb dangerous waterfalls, swim snake infested waters, hike one more mile up the mountain..
I am alive today because of him...
How hard it is to say goodbye again...

9 comment(s):

Beverly, we got to visit with Mark and family a bit on Thursday night. It was good to see him and it took us back to the times when you guys first moved to Cedar Crest. I remembered sitting in the room with all of you and your grandmother playing the piano. I was hoping you would be there, too. I know it was hard to tell him "goodbye." Hard to imagine how the years have gone by but so much fun to hear his stories. I love the stories you tell and getting to know more of your family history.

By Blogger pawatson, at 2:56 PM  

Mrs. Beverly, I'm sorry you had to see your brother go. But I truly understand the greatness of spending time with family since I've been gone away from mine for a long while. I imagine the periods you go without seeing your brother are a lot longer than mine, but I understand it at least a little bit.

However, I don't believe it is goodbye as cheesy as this sounds, but I really don't. There's always the hope of seeing them again to hear more stories, and to share some of your own. Peace to you Mrs. Bev!

By Blogger Matt Worthington, at 10:36 PM  

discomjjb..right..pick up whit in 10 days..you praying for me means the most..!

pawatson..hated missing seeing you guys..went to see romeo and juliet with my niece..yeah lots of memories...

mr. w...you are right, boy...its not goodbye..its also a blessing to love someone so much as hard as it is to be miles away its a gift to have that love..

By Blogger Beverly, at 12:55 PM  

He looks so proud of his sister.

Hey, I like the looks of that kitchen!

By Blogger Scott, at 3:00 AM  

scott...yep..he is proud of me..and he loves me...kitchen?...you are strange, frog!

Chad...yes, it was so good to see her and wish I could have seen you as well.

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:17 AM  

I hope that you had a great visit ... and yes ... it is always so hard to let them leave again!

By Blogger Ava, at 7:00 AM  

ava...yes, I did have a great visit..too short as I was busy with job stuff!

discom..i will do that..me and my bro have survived alot together..the streaking pic..ummmm..remember that was just between us...

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:51 AM  

arggg... too much info... *covers his eyes*

By Blogger Flake, at 3:24 PM  

at least you got to spend some time with your brother. sounds like good memories were had by both of you. maybe it won't be so long before the next visit.

By Blogger Frustrated Writer, at 6:22 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home