Friday, January 27, 2006

Can I just say that I love my Sam? I love all the middle school boys that come to my house. I love Max....I love Parker....I love Eric.....
They are like toddlers trying to be real. In their coolness their heart is still calling out, "Help me, this world is really scarey!"
We made the trip to Winterfest, last weekend, and I got to watch all four of these precious boys love each other. This guy, Jeff Walling, really spoke to their hearts. They were broken. They were brought to tears not only thinking about the young boy who was not in there midst this year, but also thinking about who they are. I watched these cool, athlete guys hug and comfort each other. Let me tell you it was way cool!
Last night, Sam asked me to come listen to this song. Okay, this is my boy who listens to yes, christian music, but does like him some rap music too. He said, "Mom, I don't know why I just can't stop listening to this song."

I think I know why....


THIS MAN BY JEREMY CAMP

In only moment truth
Was seen revealed this mystery
The crown that showed no dignity he wore
And the kind was placed for all the world
To show disgrace
But only beauty flowed from his face

Would you take the place of this man
Would you take the nails from his hands
Would you take the place of this man
Would you take nails from his hands

And we just don't know the blood and water flowed
And in it all he showed just how much he cared
And the veil was torn
So we could have this open door
And all these things have finally been complete

3 comment(s):

It would seem the Spirt of the Lord is truly in your house or should I say in da house.

By Blogger Clint, at 8:48 AM  

wow, this is so my hope and prayer--that my girls let me in to what is in their hearts and minds when they are Sam's age. You obviously have a great boy, but I can't help thinking that you know something about being a mom, too. So glad Winterfest was fun and meaningful!

By Blogger Laurie, at 9:18 PM  

can i just say that I love Sam?

By Blogger Candy, at 5:27 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home