Sunday, November 05, 2006

Been to the river....

Toad the Wet Sprocket
COMES A TIME

There comes a time in life
To pull on your coat and go outside
To taste the vinegar of life, bitter life
To taste a second time, its sweet surprise
Sweet surprise

__________________



Sam talked me into going on the family retreat this weekend. I am glad he did. I loved watching him play. I loved taking a drive through the hills. I loved seeing the deer. The hunters I saw were a bit creepy. I loved looking at this river. I especially loved when my son served me communion.

16 comment(s):

what a great song! I am so glad you went and enjoyed yourself.

By Blogger Laurie, at 10:29 PM  

Or was that a poem? Anyway.. I love the words.

By Blogger Laurie, at 10:30 PM  

I actually have a Toad the Wet Sprocket cd! Love those lyrics. I'm so glad you go to go. Max was very bummed. His baseball tournament fell through and he moped around here saying he could be at the family retreat with Sam. I guess we need to go again sometime. Maybe in the spring. Talk me into it will ya?

By Blogger Candy, at 4:29 AM  

Hey new best friend, I loved getting to meet you this weekend, since everyone thinks that we already know each other anyway.
I love the HEB retreat...being with family, the scenery, watching the kids play, hiking, sharing meals, taking communion. love it!

By Blogger julie, at 7:25 AM  

That sounds really nice. It really seems like you got a great kid :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 AM  

Awesome Beverly, I know a weekend like that was exactly what you needed. Have a great week!!

By Blogger Flake, at 8:14 AM  

That river is so green!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 AM  

Speaking of seeing deer - were all of them ALIVE???

I especially love hearing of your son serving you communion.

By Blogger Scott, at 1:53 PM  

laurie..its a song..i love the words

candy..oh i wish max could have been with us!

julie..well, hey new best friend..loved meeting you!

laura..i do have a great kid but doesn't everybody..thanks for swinging by been thinking about you and all your studies..

kyle..bless his heart he came out of his hydrocodone daze to comment..what a blogger..tried to call you from Sam's MRI tonight..

blondie..i kept asking people..how come that river is green?

scott..there were carcasses all over the road on the way down..

By Blogger Beverly, at 5:07 PM  

that is soooo beautiful...hey Bev, lets switch retreats!!! your soooo lucky,I'm gad you went. How many people get to receive communion from their kids??!!

By Blogger Dina, at 8:42 PM  

I haven't heard a Toad song in quite a while! Very nice to hear mention of one again.

By the way, thanks so much for adding a button to your site for graffitipad.com. I had made a big blunder and messed up on the html code I originally posted for everyone to copy and paste. Everything is perfect *except* for one letter that prevents the image from displaying correctly.

In your template, on the part that goes like this:

...img
src="http://www.graffitipad.com/images/graffiti-button.jpgf"/...

I mistakenly added that last "f". If you take it out, it becomes .jpg - and that's all you need to get it to work properly.

Thanks again!

By Blogger The Dummy, at 10:23 PM  

dina..yeah..we walk down to take the bread and the river is beautiful and the cross is there and people all around and Sam turns around with the plate in his hand and smiles and offers me the bread..I loved it..

the dummy..I feel kinda bad calling you that..:)..thanks for stopping by and I will work on that button now..

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:23 AM  

lol, oh there's nothing to feel bad about if it's something I called myself! :) I was originally Dating Dummy, and since I've got a g/f now, I took out the 'dating' part. In that light, it's not so bad sounding is it. :)

By Blogger The Dummy, at 5:41 AM  

Ms. Bev!!! I haven't seen you yet... Can we all hang out soon?

By Blogger Matt Worthington, at 10:26 AM  

It was so great to see you at the family retreat. I am glad you got to come. I hope you have a great week and I will talk to you later!
Love,
Heather

By Blogger Heather, at 11:21 AM  

mr. w...I would love it!!

Heather..so good to see you too!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 11:25 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home