Saturday, December 16, 2006

Darkness, darkness, hide my yearning, For the things I cannot see*

yahoo tells me 10 more shopping days till christmas...

is it wrong to look forward to december 26th?...

one oclock in the morning on the phone with a daughter who feels so jilted by her father..

some nights are darker than others...


*From "Darkness, Darkness" by Robert Plant

11 comment(s):

One of my favorite quotes that has inspired hope for me:

"The marvelous richness of human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were no limitations to overcome. The hilltop hour would not be half so wonderful if there were no dark valleys to traverse."
Helen Keller

One reason I value these words are because they remind me that without the dark we could not recognize the light.

I'm so sorry, Beverly. I hope that the light comes pouring in today. And, I love that your daughter can and will talk to you.

By Blogger Laurie, at 11:01 AM  

thank you, laurie..i love this quote..

By Blogger Beverly, at 12:12 PM  

Sorry about your baby girl. I know it's so hard to see your kiddos suffer. I pray that she will feel an extra measure of God's love for her as she deals with feelings of abandonment from her earthly father. And, I pray for you, too, as you witness and participate in her suffering...

Nothing wrong with being anxious for Christmas to be over. We've basically canceled it this year because of our move, and it has been such a relief.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:18 PM  

Sorry about your baby girl. I know it's so hard to see your kiddos suffer. I pray that she will feel an extra measure of God's love for her as she deals with feelings of abandonment from her earthly father. And, I pray for you, too, as you witness and participate in her suffering...

Nothing wrong with being anxious for Christmas to be over. We've basically canceled it this year because of our move, and it has been such a relief.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:22 PM  

Okay. This is ridiculous. I'm getting really ticked at blogger.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:55 PM  

Hang in there, Bev! I wish I could do something to help!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 PM  

rejoyce..you know what I told her last night was that the one who grieves with her is her creator and He wants nothing than for her to feel His love and see light..just like Laurie said. I am headed over there right now to watch a movie with her. Yes, its so hard to hear her heartbreak and see her tears...
okay..i fell down on the floor laughing when I saw you had posted your comment twice again..thanks for the laugh!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:19 PM  

Bev- that has to be horrible to watch!! THANK GOD she know the Lord, but as a girl...for them there is nothing worse than having a Daddy....

we will ask for EXTRA BLESSINGS FOR HER!!!

By Blogger Dina, at 4:24 PM  

Well, I'm gonna just laugh, too, then. The strange thing was that I was very careful this time to make sure that it really hadn't posted before I tried reposting - then, I do it again, and there it was! Crazy.

Hope your evening is going well.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:14 PM  

This really does suck. I know exactly how she feels. There is hope and there is healing. That is one thing I do know. Unfortunately that can take many years.

By Blogger Candy, at 9:37 PM  

I'm so sorry, Bev. I hurt for you and Whitney...hoping for an extra helping of His love and presence for you both today. I love you...I know that doesn't make it all better, but I do.

By Blogger Katie, at 12:47 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home