Sunday, December 10, 2006

Don't Ask Me
Ok Go
(Ok Go)

Quit acting so friendly.
Don't nod don't laugh all nicely.
Don't think you'll up-end me.
Don't sigh, don't sip your iced-tea.
And don't say, "It's been a while..."
And don't flash that stupid smile.

Don't ask me how I've been.

Don't think I've forgotten,
you never liked that necklace.
So cordial, so rotten...
Kiss, kiss, let's meet for breakfast.
Don't show up so on-time
and don't act like you're so kind

Don't ask me how I've been.

Don't sit there and play just
so frank, so straight, so candid,
so thoughtful, so gracious,
so sound, so even-handed.
Don't be so d*&^ benign
and don't waste my *&^%(*& time.

Don't ask me how I've been.


JUST ACT.......

12 comment(s):

So tell me, "How have you been"??

By Blogger Flake, at 8:34 PM  

kyle..hahahaha..a bit frustrated..

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:45 PM  

so how do you really feel?

By Blogger Clint, at 8:50 PM  

I so appreciate that you will call out the facades. Pretending is worthless.

By Blogger Laurie, at 10:59 PM  

plastic people.. ewww!!!

By Blogger gracie, at 3:26 AM  

clint..you really want to know?

laurie..yep, pretending is worthless but it makes people feel a whole lot better about themselves..

gracie..exactly!

By Blogger Beverly, at 5:22 AM  

hmmmm....

By Blogger Candy, at 1:45 PM  

I actually preached about this this morning (sans the text of the superlative OK Go song). Check out honolulucoc.org to hear it (as well as mentions of things people shared at my blog).

By Blogger Scott, at 2:22 PM  

wow. hmm... okay, how is the weather your way?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:45 PM  

Kyle totally stole my line!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:45 PM  

discom..yep sometimes it gets to be too much...get pretty sick of watching people play the religion game..

candy..yep

scott...why does it not surprise me that you would preach on this..i really wish i could sit in your building and listen to you preach..that would be cool..

frustrated...stormy..dark and lonely...then times light and happy

blondie..hahahaha..and i love that line!

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:29 PM  

Amen girl, amen.

By Blogger rambouillet, at 6:41 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home