Thursday, November 30, 2006

Texas me and you*


This is why I love West Texas...the weather.
I remember back in college I went to see Jeremiah Johnson. Some of you may not remember this movie but it all takes place in the snow. When I went in the movie a dust storm was brewing and it was like so hot. I came out of that movie and it was snowing! I remember it being this surreal moment to spend 2 hours in the snow in a movie only to walk outside to unexpected snow. I couldn't believe it. I had moved here from Alabama and had no idea the weather could change that quickly.
I get so excited with weather change and I really don't know why. Its just this amazing power that can't be stopped. (sounds a bit Zen huh) As a matter of fact weather change reminds me first of all I am not in control and second there is something so much more powerful than me that's in charge.
It just puts a smile on my face and I can't seem to wipe it off the rest of the day!

Yesterday it was 76 degrees and right now its 25 degrees and snow!!

and..did I mention school is cancelled and I am off today?...


From "Texas Me and You" by Asleep At The Wheel

11 comment(s):

you are a little flakee , get it flakee, liking the weather change and snow and all.

By Blogger Clint, at 9:13 AM  

Clint's a little flaky ;-)

I've been praying for a snow day here in Hawaii, but nothing yet. Now back to my prayers.

By Blogger Scott, at 9:27 AM  

thanks scott but the second "e" is silent leaving the first "e" to stand alone therefore sounding like a "y" yet not being quit as precocious ;-) _

By Blogger Clint, at 9:32 AM  

Julia was born in Abilene on Jan. 19 during a record-high day of 84-degree weather. Three days later we drove her home in a snowstorm.

By Blogger Deana Nall, at 10:23 AM  

clint..yeah I get it that's pretty funny..in fact..I am going to come back and read your comment when I need a good laugh today..get it..

scott...i know he is cause it takes one to know one..and umm..its never going to snow in Hawaii..just a heads up..

clint..you said precocious..have you been learning some new words down in SA?

deana..oh my word..that's crazy!

By Blogger Beverly, at 11:18 AM  

Clint, if you have to EXPLAIN your jokes, you clearly think we're much simpler than we are...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:45 PM  

The only place I lived where we had snow days was in Vancouver, WA and we didn't have that many, but I loved them.

Scott,
give it up!

By Blogger Vonnie, at 5:28 PM  

blondie, your name says it all

By Blogger Clint, at 5:49 PM  

That cuts deep, Clint...that cuts deep

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:11 PM  

Jeremiah Johnson went up to the mountains...Robert Redford's second best movie after the Kid.... Snow is so cool...get it Clint....Cool...Ha ha.

By Blogger happytheman, at 8:06 PM  

i get it Luke

By Blogger Clint, at 6:52 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home