Tuesday, November 21, 2006

"This is a battle, a war, and the casualties could be your hearts and souls." ..John Keating..Dead Poet's Society


I was undercutting, jabbing, kicking and it felt wonderful! .....somehow empowered...

I grabbed a towel, waterbottle, tennis shoes and headed to the gym to try out a Body Combat Class. Body Combat is non-combat, martial arts-based fitness program with moves drawn from karate, taekwando, kung fu, kickboxing, muay thai and tai chi. I'm not much of a fighter but it felt so good. I spent the entire 55 minutes trying to hit every punch and place every kick. In the end I was sweaty but somehow cleansed. After the class I sat in my car with the towel around my neck and my head on the steering wheel just sobbing. I'm not sure why I was crying. In some weird way this class had a cathartic effect on me.

So....this is now my favorite class!...and yeah, one more thing, don't mess with me...:)

We are all on a journey. Each one of our souls are marked by the experiences that each day brings. I am a weary traveler but its so much more exciting with a machete in hand clearing the brush from the less traveled path then the other option..

God bring each one of my friends who are reading this peace and comfort and joy. I am thankful for each one of you and how you have reached out to me by email, by phone, and yes, Candy by planting pansies. We have survived something that can only make us stronger...the only other route is bitterness and I'm not going there.

13 comment(s):

Good for you, Bev. I'm so proud of you! And I love you!! Have a great Thanksgiving!

By Blogger Katie, at 6:55 AM  

ouch, oooh, dang, quit hitting me Bev.

By Blogger happytheman, at 7:40 AM  

Katie..you too babe..have a great Thanksgiving..

discom..good, sweetie..I love you..

happy..well..quit being a jerk..

By Blogger Beverly, at 9:15 AM  

it is nice to see you kicked some butt.

By Blogger Clint, at 10:15 AM  

Exciting??? That's the understatement of the year. But you're right - why have a NORMAL life?

Kick some ass, Beverly!

By Blogger Scott, at 10:15 AM  

mmmmmm scott said ass

By Blogger Clint, at 10:43 AM  

Good for you.

By Blogger Vonnie, at 11:49 AM  

"I am a weary traveler but its so much more exciting with a machete in hand clearing the brush from the less traveled path then the other option.."

If you only knew how encouraging that is to me right now.. Thank you, too, for your prayer, Bev. It means a lot.

The class sounds awesome. Wish I were there kicking ass alongside of you.

By Blogger Laurie, at 12:03 PM  

mmmmmm laurie said ass

By Blogger Clint, at 2:17 PM  

We're the UNSTOPPABLES!!!!!!! (*super hero theme music*)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:47 PM  

clint..learned from the best

scott...normal? what's normal?

clint..well, yeah Scott you did say ass..

vonnie..thank you

laurie..you are welcome..and i wish you could take it with me too!

clint...what are you the ass police?

blondie..oh yes, we are!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:56 PM  

With everything that's happened in your life in the last 90 days, you said a prayer for all of us...


The essence of Bev. You're a blessing to us all.

By Blogger Jim V, at 5:32 AM  

Bev, have a great Thanksgiving with your children. And way to go, taking such a fun and rewarding class..

By Blogger Cole, at 12:23 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home