Monday, November 13, 2006

But you, you're not allowed, you're uninvited*

Woke up this morning at 1:00 to Sam's screams, "Mom, Mom." I ran in only to find Sam looking like his whole world had been shaken. The words I heard next took my feeling of safety away and replaced it with fear.."Mom, there was a man and he just jumped the fence."
Sam was sleeping on a mattress in the living room when he woke up only to see a man standing at the foot of the mattress. He said he struggled to get up and the man came at him and pushed him aside sending Sam falling back onto the exercise bike. Sam then got up and the man pushed him out the sliding glass door onto the patio table and chairs.
What I saw as we walked through the house was like a scene from a old high school prom thriller. In my bathroom were words written on the mirror in toothpaste, "NOT DONE." On the counter of my bathroom were the pictures of my kids from my wallet slit through with the knife lying beside it. My bedroom was completely ransacked...files thrown around the room..clothes everywhere including one of my dresses draping the door. Now came the most disturbing scene. We walked into the living room where Sam was sleeping and saw the butcher knife pointing where Sam slept and other knives strewn about. There was a slit in the bed sheet and a slit in my big chair. Sam's homework was lying right above where Sam's head was. The scissors lying on the floor were used to cut Sam's name out of his homework page and another pair of scissors were lying beside an encouragement card to Sam and his name was cut out of that too. All the cabinets and drawers were open in the kitchen. They never made it around to where I was.
My kids have decided that it was best that I slept through it because never underestimate the power of a mother bear. If I had seen that guy touch my son I would have been on him and he would have never known what hit him.
The police came and stayed for about 2 hours taking pictures and looking for objects to take for fingerprints. The one officer shook his head and said he had never seen anything like it in his 25 years of working with the force.
The intruder put our dog in the back neighbor's fence. This kept "Jett" from bothering him. He has a small wound but will be okay.
I am afraid although, I am keeping a strong front up for my kids. I did cry a bit last night and Sam came over hugged me and said, "We're good mom."
Please pray for us as we deal with all of this... I am so afraid...


*From "Uninvited" by Alanis Morissette

18 comment(s):

Beverly-- I'm speechless!! Seriously, all I can say is thank GOD you and Sam are okay. Please tell me if there is anything I can do. Do you have somewhere to stay right now? If you need to get out of town, please know that you can come here. You have my email, right? Please give us an update as to how you are. I will be praying for you.

By Blogger Laurie, at 3:40 PM  

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I scrolled to the end because I just knew you were going to say "...and then I woke up."

So glad you're safe. I hope you're staying somewhere else now. If you need to get farther away, don't hesitate to contact us.

By Blogger Deana Nall, at 4:36 PM  

Oh my gosh, Bev - I will be praying for you and your kids!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:47 PM  

OH NO! I'm sooo happy you guys are safe and that the guy didn't do the drastic things inmplied by all the messages. I'm so worried about you, Bev. I got dizzy while reading this entry.

God be with you guys.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:11 PM  

OH NO! I'm sooo happy you guys are safe and that the guy didn't do the drastic things inmplied by all the messages. I'm so worried about you, Bev. I got dizzy while reading this entry.

God be with you guys.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:12 PM  

BEVERLY!!! I know this sounds SICK, but I thought this was going to be ONE of those "Add to it..." posts, and I thought WHY DOES SHE USE SAMS NAME??!!! I cant believe this happened to you!!! we will all pray for you guys...PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!

Love, Dina

By Blogger Dina, at 5:29 PM  

I got sick when I found out - and I am SOOOO glad that you two are ok. And Dina and Deana are right - it just seems so surreal.

Sam is the man. Geez - it sucks that a kid has to grow up so fast because of all the crap he has to go through.

Hang in there, momma bear.

By Blogger Scott, at 7:44 PM  

Holy Shit ! forgive me I just stopped by OMG Someone up there likes you. You know, staying someplace else is some good advice, if this guy comes back.

This was a personal hit, you think? and is this a message? Dammit if your "special guys" are so far away!

Been here - twice in my life - I don't know what to say but offer my prayers and tell you that I will call you tomorrow (Tuesday) night.

Please be safe

Sam ROCKS MAN !!!!

Love and hugs
Jeremy

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 PM  

I'm so sorry. That absolutely scares me silly.

Please keep us updated. And, my house is available too, if getting away is on your mind.

By Blogger reJoyce, at 5:13 AM  

Holy cow. I'm sorry Bev. Yes, this sounds personal. That's scary. Take care!

By Blogger Shawna, at 6:19 AM  

Bev! I just read this and am so scared for you. Please, please let me know if there's anything I can do. I'm not sure my flat would fit both you and Sam...but you are most welcome to stay if you need to! I love you...please let us know how you're doing.

By Blogger Katie, at 6:54 AM  

I just read your post too and was waiting for - and then I woke up. You and Sam are in my prayers and remember you are also welcome here.

By Blogger Vonnie, at 9:55 AM  

Holy Cow Bev. Surreal is definitely the word. You guys are such wonderful people. What kind of psycho would it take... I'm just stunned. I am truly sorry that evil has touched you this way.

Every night in my prayers I pray for safety through the night, but I just take it so much for granted...God really is good.

By Blogger Demosthenes, at 11:11 AM  

praying for you from nashville, beverly... so glad you two were safe. wow. glad to hear your highland family is so good to you.

By Blogger laura g, at 12:58 PM  

guys, she still managed to use a song lyric in her post title! what a trooper!

By Blogger laura g, at 12:58 PM  

This is such a shockingly invasive thing to happen to you and your family! I am stunned by the brazenness of your attacker. It is like reading a movie script except that it's real... praying for your safety, for the expertise of the police, for God's presence and peace...

By Blogger gracie, at 6:12 PM  

1Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."
1Peter 5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"
1Peter 5:9 "Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world."

By Blogger Hopalong Cassidy, at 7:05 AM  

Like everyone else, I don't know what to say to this. I will most definetly be praying for you guys, but please let me know if there is anything that I can do.

By Blogger Jeans, at 7:57 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home