Tuesday, November 14, 2006

umm...I am okay. We are okay. At this risk of sounding a little dark..I just don't know how to bounce back from this one. Every week has served me drama and this week I spent so much time in my classroom working readying for the week. I printed out a gym schedule and highlighted the times I would go. Excited that some dramas from last week had been cleared up. Then to get punched in the stomach with this. I am weary...does that sound like I am feeling sorry for myself?..hope not. Don't get me wrong, I feel incredibly blessed with the fact that my son is safe. I know I have my health and so much more to be thankful for but I am weary and now fearful.
I love you all for your concern and have been overwhelmed by the group who showed up cleaning up the mess left behind and fixing my windows, locks and sliding glass door. So sweet.

9 comment(s):

I wouldn't know how to bounce back either. I dreamed about this all night last night, and I'm not even in the same state where it happened. I just want you and Sam to be safe. And for the guy to be caught -- how scary that he's out there somewhere. That's what we'll pray for...let us know what else.

By Blogger Deana Nall, at 2:34 PM  

I'd be worried about you if you weren't wearied and worn by this -- it's not the type of thing one can just brush off and be unconcerned about. I'm so sorry that you are having to go through all this.

By Blogger reJoyce, at 2:35 PM  

Thanks for the update. I dreamed about this last night, too. I am so glad that some measures have been taken to help protect you and Sam.

Beverly, you have every right in the world to be weary. Absolutely! I am so sorry, too. Please know that we are praying for you.

By Blogger Laurie, at 2:47 PM  

Mother Bev Bear... fight for your peace and the safety of your children!

You'll never walk alone... He may be unseen but God is powerful.

By Blogger gracie, at 6:15 PM  

Praying for you, Bev. I am so, so sorry. I'm with Deana...let us know what else to pray for. And if you need to get away for a while, just call me...you can always come over!

By Blogger Katie, at 6:45 PM  

I have been shocked by all this news. Read part one yesterday morning, was speechless. Still am but very glad to know you are okay. So happy you have such a network close to you, offering you support. Thanks to the messed up, drug induced sleep schedule I have not had a chance to call, but will do so soon. Prayers!

By Blogger Flake, at 11:29 AM  

Rejoyce is SO right - this was a BIG trauma. You're supposed to have the wind knocked out of you at a time like this.

But God knows, this is the last thing you needed right now. I genuinely have immense respect for you Beverly - your strength baffles me - even if you don't FEEL like you have any strength.

By Blogger Scott, at 3:11 PM  

We love you Bev! Thanks for letting us know you're doing alright.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:39 PM  

I am very glad to hear that both you and your son are safe. As for "I am weary and now fearful", dwell on these things:

"The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me"
(Psalm 118:6)

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."
(Isaiah 40:31)

By Blogger Hopalong Cassidy, at 7:39 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home