Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Heaven bend to take my hand I've nowhere left to turn..*


This day was hard. I sometimes grow tired of providing others with the smile they seem to want me to have. Today the smile faded a bit and I felt the pain a little more. Reality sometimes hits me like I've run into a brick wall. A fog hung over my heart today.

A woman came up to me in church on Sunday and asked me how I was..I mean she went out of her way like she didn't have to do it. I feel others are walking by me looking at me not knowing what to say or are just intimidated by the struggles in my life and maybe feel its just too big. But this woman talked to me. I didn't go to her..she came to me and hugged me. I was so touched. She didn't even know all of what had been going on and she touched me.

Also, Cole...I was standing at the back of the church looking for a place to sit and you got out of your seat and came to me and hugged me...that brother, was precious and I will always cherish that act...thanks.

Anyways...don't wait to go over to someone...especially after an intimate time of worship. Believe me they will cherish it. I will be looking for that opportunity to reach out to someone not just in worship, but everywhere in my life.


*From "Fallen" by Sarah McLaghlan

9 comment(s):

Wow Beverly.. I love this post.. thank you.
I am going to hug someone who doesn't expect it, in honour of you.

By Blogger gracie, at 1:37 AM  

Bev... \o/ call if you need another one, you special.

Cole is such the hero in my book.

By Blogger happytheman, at 4:32 AM  

Cole is a hero. That was precious. I love you Beverly.

By Blogger Candy, at 4:53 AM  

Sound advice.

Here's a cyber-hug since I can't give you one in person right now:

{{{{Bev}}}}

By Blogger reJoyce, at 5:30 AM  

Hugs from me too.

By Blogger Vonnie, at 8:06 PM  

Probably my favorite song ever.

By Blogger Scott, at 8:15 PM  

gracie...do that girl i would be honored.

happy...well how cute is that you can type a little hug..and yep Cole doesn't even know what he did for me but I think you might understand how much that means..

candy...and i love you

rejoyce..thanks for that cyberhug!

vonnie..thanks..awww..

scott...its such a haunting beautiful song..

By Blogger Beverly, at 5:10 AM  

Cole does nice things?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:58 AM  

Hey Bev, I know I'm the worst about keeping up with my blog lately and I have no idea what you're going through but I love you just the same. I love you. You hang in there and if you need an ear, I am always more than willing to listen. I have been in a place where no one knew what to say, what to do, what to think. I've been in a place of condemnation (and sometimes find myself back there again). I have hope that you will come through the darkness - you are so strong and who can be against you when God is with you?

Love you!

By Blogger rambouillet, at 6:44 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home