Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sam told me about a young boy from his 7th period class who shot himself this week....
Don't you wish we had eyes to see and ears to listen for the pain of one so young so that we might help in some way or tell him to hang on for today..God, give me these eyes today and these ears that I may see one who is hurting and hear one who is crying...



3 comment(s):

is he alright??!!! ya know Bev, when I'm at work...what comes out of their mouth is soo raw & innocent...talking about "spiderman", "Barbie" and as these words leave their lips I try & picture them 20...bottle of beer, cursing...it's just soo weird to think that we ALL START OUT WITH SUCH A "CLEAN" SLATE, then the "world" gets involved & it gets dirty and nasty & mean...soo GLAD OUR KIDS KNOW GOD!!! I hope Sam is ok knowing his friend did that.

By Blogger Dina, at 5:20 PM  

Oh, wow, Beverly. I'm so sorry to hear this. You are so right--if only we could see and hear the hurt and then know what to do.

By Blogger Laurie, at 6:54 PM  

I can't imagine having been Christ and knowing what each and every person was going through. But it would be nice to be able to see where a kind word, or wink, or smile would be most needed.

Guess we'll just have to serve everybody ;-)

By Blogger Scott, at 7:02 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home