Monday, December 11, 2006

Cause He is the truth*


One of my favorite scenes in The Passion of the Christ




Pontius Pilate: What is truth?

Pontius Pilate: What is truth, Claudia? Do you hear it,recognize it when it is spoken?

Claudia Procles: Yes, I do. Don't you?

Pontius Pilate: How? Can you tell me?

Claudia Procles: If you will not hear the truth, no one can tell you.

*From "The Truth" by India Arie

6 comment(s):

Bev your an awesome woman...and remember what sets you free. Peace Girl

By Blogger happytheman, at 9:03 PM  

2 Thessalonians 2
10…They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie.

By Blogger Clint, at 12:51 AM  

happy...if i didn't have that truth right now..truly freedom..

clint...not only saved but calmed..

By Blogger Beverly, at 5:53 AM  

Truth can be hard to hear - there are so many things that would get in the way of hearing it.

Pride, self-justification, or just an inability to be indicted by the truth will close our ears every time.

Great post - maybe I'll have to see that movie someday (no promises).

By Blogger Scott, at 10:40 AM  

WOW WOW WOW... I still haven't seen this movie but this dialogue is awesome. Is it in the movie? Who is India Arie?
So so true..

By Blogger gracie, at 3:24 PM  

scott..I pray that God will keep my eyes open to my Pride, self-justification, or the inability to be indicted by the truth..

gracie..I was scared to death to watch this movie, if I can be honest, but it turned out to leave with me visuals and powerful scenes like this to draw on..and...India Arie is awesome!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 6:50 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home