Tuesday, April 24, 2007

"Fish, you are going to have to die anyway. Do you have to kill me too?"..Old Man and The Sea



Okay...So, I watch Old Man and The Sea and get all inspired as I have read and now watch this old fisherman fight against all odds. So I go out and buy me a beta fish and name him "Santiago." I take him home and smile and feel the power of the moment as I drop Santiago in his new fish bowl. I seriously think I was humming the Rocky theme to myself. Well, Santiago died yesterday of I don't know natural causes or...Whitney said she saw our cat drinking out of his bowl...?

When I came home the fish was floating at the bottom. I always thought that dead fish float on the top I mean that's what I always saw when we went dynamite fishing?

I came home and Whitney walked in and said, "Mom, I think your fish is dead." I say, "I know."

Anyways, no more fish for me...

4 comment(s):

"Anyone can be a fisherman in May."

By Blogger Scott, at 3:50 PM  

Aww! I'm sorry. But hey, I bet Jett is cuddlier than a fish, and a lot cuter too. :)

By Blogger Katie, at 6:36 AM  

that's why I never own fish...they all last in the pet store, take em' home, and it's "the upside down" fish. bought Tiki her first goldfish..she learned all about "death" all in one week.

By Blogger Dina, at 9:13 AM  

I am not much of a fish person - except for fried catfish. YUM!

By Blogger Vonnie, at 3:42 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home