Wednesday, April 04, 2007

There's no rest for the running man*


Yeah..it was a beautiful night for a late night 2 mile run. I looked at the star filled sky as I listened to Black Eyed Peas, Snow Patrol, B 52's, Sheryl Crow and Imogen Heap. It was a bit tough as I haven't ran lately but it felt good..always does. I kept chanting my montra..(thanks Nike) "Just do it....Just do it...Just do it." It really is the truth...about most things. I have had to push myself a bit these last few months but I know that through it all my God (yep, He's mine) has strengthened me and taught me so much. I pray that for those of you who have been reading my blog that well, you haven't grown tired of hearing about what's been going on. I have gained such strength from your comments.
Well, I have to go fold clothes..."Just do it...Just do it...Just do it.."

*From "Running Man" by Al Stewart (Yep Cole, Al Stewart!)

9 comment(s):

Alika & I keep saying once this cold (thats been with us for a total of 4 weeks) goes away, we too are going to start again!! I know how good it feels ONCE YOU DO IT!!! Good luck and hope you "Just do it!" with ease!

By Blogger Dina, at 8:45 PM  

"Just do it!" can work for a multitude of things, can't it? Someone at Nike was very clever.

By Blogger reJoyce, at 6:20 AM  

Far be it for me to comment my dear - but if you've got time to listen to all that music ... were you not going fast enough?

Anyway, when it comes to those music things I've had a terrible expereince after my kids got hold of the damn machine.

Try running up a 1 in 3 hill with Bibbety Bobbety Boo in your ears!

Keep on tapering.

Ron

By Blogger Ron Hill's Alter Ego, at 9:15 AM  

Those are some good tunes you have to run to. I love Imogen Heap!

By Blogger Sarah, at 3:33 PM  

dina...with ease?...yeah sometimes...aloha

rejoyce....yes, very clever...

ron!!!!..first of all welcome..second of all you made me laugh out loud..I thought when I wrote out my music..hey, they are going to figure out how slow I run..very funny dude!!

sarah....speeding cars..my favorite

By Blogger Beverly, at 9:19 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

By Blogger Melanie, at 2:15 AM  

Hi - you don't know me but I found your blog through a bunch of others (I couldn't retrace my steps now), and wanted to say Happy Easter. Bless you and your family.
I also love Speeding Cars, fantastic song, though I'm a terrible runner and listen to it in my car when I drive by the ocean.

By Blogger Melanie, at 2:18 AM  

What do you want from me? What do you need from me? There's no rest for the running man, why don't you let him be?

Holy crap. Al Stewart. Good job, Bev--you surprised me!

By Blogger Cole, at 5:38 PM  

Bev,

I need a good list of running music. I just signed up for the Chicago Marathon. UGH!! What was I thinking? But it's done.

God bless you!

See ya.

By Blogger Jim V, at 3:26 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home