Monday, March 26, 2007

Maybe We Can Leave This Much Behind*




There's a girl that works at Sonic..

There's a girl that works at Sonic that smiled at me and called me "sweetheart."
I replied to her sweet words with surprise, "You called me sweetheart?"
She looks at me over her tray of ketchup and sundries, "Yes, I did I can just tell you are a sweetheart."..."I know people."

Dang, why isn't she a CEO somewhere?

I'm sick of wordy people and am charmed and warmed by sweet words from a girl who works at sonic.

So, some are puffed up by there great knowledge of the Bible and puffed up with their
exogesus of scripture..I challenge them to spend some time at the feet of this girl walking around Sonic passing out ketchup and sundries and calling others "sweetheart."

peace.

*From "Till It Shines" by Bob Seger

5 comment(s):

love this post, Bev. Love you, too. :)

By Blogger Laurie, at 8:53 PM  

She was right, Bev. You are a sweetheart. Lovely post.

By Blogger Katie, at 6:39 AM  

profoundly true, sweetheart you.

By Blogger gracie, at 6:16 PM  

Okay Bev, c'mon. Like it takes a GENIUS to figure out that you're a sweetheart....

Ummmm..... uhhhhh... what's "exogesus".....?

This is a nice little lesson on how big a deal it is to do nice little things. I frequently tell my admin asst "Slow down, you're better off doing it slowly, but getting it right the first time."

Turns out that applies to life too! Don't be so busy that you fail to notice that someone like Bev is a sweetheart (duh!!), and then take the time to tell her so.

Yet another lesson from the Bevster...thanks!

:)

By Blogger Jim V, at 5:49 AM  

amen

By Blogger Frustrated Writer, at 9:59 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home