Saturday, March 10, 2007

Seems like it's been dark since the devil knows when. How do you go on never knowin' for certain, Will the sun ever shine again?*


It was the best day. Its the time of year when you wake up surprised by the warm weather. There's one thing that I love to do and that is run in the hot sun. I especially love it in the height of the summer when the temps are up in the 100's. There have been a few close calls with heat stroke but I have enjoyed it. I don't know what it is exactly. The dry heat warming up my muscles just invigorates me. I hate to run in the cold. I just hate it. Today I ran around the park with my shorts and tank top on listening to Fallout Boy. Whitney took my music with her to Austin to run in a 10K there and I was forced to beg one of the boys at my house if I might use his Shuffle. Thank you Matt. I had a great run and then later on in the day I watched Sam and his friends play disc golf. I love watching them laughing at each other's lame throws or in awe of awesome putts.

It was a good day.

Hey, my Whitney ran her first 10K today in Austin. She called me to tell me that she and her friend had finished and it was great!! Way to go girl!!! Tonight she is going to eat at Sandra Bullocks new restaurant in Austin.

Sooooooo excited about the sun coming out!! And...its Spring Break!!!

*From "Will The Sun Ever Shine Again?" By Bonnie Raitt

5 comment(s):

Just a silly question.. to go with the silly spring mood (even though it's autumn here)... If the sun is coming out, does that mean it is gay?

By Blogger gracie, at 6:02 AM  

How nice...came home to 6 to 9 inches of rain and cars thrown all over the freeway.

By Blogger happytheman, at 8:38 AM  

Beverly,

Enjoy this weather...I think we've all had enough of Mr. Winter!!! Your crazy to run in the heat...Predawn or sunset is perfect, but glad you like your heat!!! it's here to stay!

By Blogger Dina, at 5:18 PM  

"I especially love it in the height of the summer when the temps are up in the 100's."

Okay, now we all know you really are crazy......

Of course, I do admit that I also run when the temps go over 100....

... I run INTO THE HOUSE as fast as I can!

Happy: It doesn't matter how much it rains, you're not supposed to throw cars all over the freeway. It's not nice.

By Blogger Jim V, at 5:49 AM  

Running in the extreme heat without a pack of wild dogs after you is considered insane in most cultures...

By Blogger Frustrated Writer, at 1:35 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home