Monday, February 19, 2007

Play it again Sam


There is something I admire about my son. Sam has had back problems as many of you know and could not start out the year playing football in high school. This was a great disappointment to Sam but because of his back he was not able to play sports. These last two months have been healing for Sam's back so the Doctor said he could increase his activity. He tried out for Freshman baseball team and didn't make it. I was so worried that this would knock him down but Sam told me, "Its okay Mom, I am going to work on getting in shape." He's been running the 2 mile track around ACU in 14 minutes. What I really admire about all this is that he went to the Freshman baseball team scrimmage to support his buddies who did make the team. Man, I loved that. I was so proud of him.
These last few months have been light and dark for Sam and I am amazed at how he has come through it. I appreciate the college guys and Sam's good friends who have been there for him.
There are some older high school boys and college guys that have been playing ultimate frizbee on Sundays and Sam eats it up.
So...I just wanted to say that I love my boy and if you see him give him a hug because he has faced darkness and chose light.

14 comment(s):

AWESOME!!! He IS SUCH A GOOD GUY!!! He got that from having a wonderful Mother!!

By Blogger Dina, at 8:42 PM  

"faced darkness and chose light"... love that, bev!
Glad that sam's back is back on track.
My boy faced darkness too... still does (type 1 diabetes) and he's a champion.

By Blogger gracie, at 1:27 AM  

I bet he loves that picture, I wish I was that cool :)

By Blogger Clint, at 4:55 AM  

dina..he is such a good guy!

gracie..awww..a champion..now I like THAT...we learn so much from our children don't we..

clint..yeah you wish..oh clint, you got your own coolness going on..

By Blogger Beverly, at 5:55 AM  

Hi! I'm still breathing and wanted to check in and say hello. I'll go through your recent posts to get caught up on your awesome family...

God bless you.

By Blogger Jim V, at 6:30 AM  

Three cheers for Sam! And for you, Bev, for teaching him how to choose light. You're a blessing and I know he knows it. Much love!

By Blogger Katie, at 11:14 AM  

Sam is SUCH a man. I know he has to get that all the time, but it's true! I love the way you wrote that last line.

By Blogger Laurie, at 11:19 AM  

katie...much love to you! and thanks girl..means so much..

JIM V!!!!! I MISS YOU!!!...God bless YOU!

laurie..yep yep yep..thanks love you..

By Blogger Beverly, at 11:28 AM  

i can't wait to be back and watch him continue to choose the light! the kid is a trooper and i have missed him

-college clint

By Blogger Clint Askins, at 7:49 PM  

college clint.....WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU TO COME BACK!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:03 PM  

I loved seeing the smile on his face when I asked him how his back was the other night. Praise God!!!

By Blogger Candy, at 4:49 AM  

jeremiah..thank you for being a friend to Sam..you have talked to him on the phone and encouraged him all the way from Montreal..you call about him all the time and that is precious!

candy..good to see that Sam smile back...you should see that boy run!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 5:11 AM  

what's up with college clint?

By Blogger Clint, at 8:12 AM  

clint..."college clint" was a youth intern at Highland and was really there for Sam. Sam loves him and he is coming back to get his masters.

By Blogger Beverly, at 1:15 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home