Sunday, February 11, 2007

But its all right now, in fact, its a gas!*


I like the fact that you have to go inside to pay for your gas...I like to talk to those people who work at Skinny's. I usually put in $5.00 at a time and this one lady who works there thinks its funny. Anyways, just wanted to say that I like her. I'm glad I don't own a credit card then I would miss meeting her and getting that sarcastic smile that says, "Um..you realize that you will be back here tomorrow to put 5 more dollars in and maybe you should go ahead and put $10 in?"
Went with a friend down to 6th street to hear some good music in Austin and a homeless guy gave me and my friend roses so my friend gives him money and then gives him her rose back so he can sell it again..so I hand mine back and I think that's pretty cool of my friend.

*From "Jumping Jack Flash" by Jagger and Richards

3 comment(s):

I don't mind paying inside either, but generally pay with a credit card. Sixth Street is a fun place but I've never have gotten roses from homeless people but I did see a guy begging for money while working a monkey puppet once.

By Blogger Frustrated Writer, at 2:03 AM  

You really put in $5 at a time??

It's not that I mind going inside the gas station, (having no clue what a "Skinny's" is) but I prefer to limit my fuel stops.

By Blogger Flake, at 6:37 PM  

Man, Abilene is the only place I know of that has Skinny's, and I sure miss it.

I fill up an entire tank at once and never go inside, but that has everything to do with loading and unloading kids. It is a treat to go inside when I am by myself. I am not sure why, but then again, maybe it is what you write here

By Blogger Laurie, at 9:42 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home