Thursday, January 11, 2007

when you're dreaming with a broken heart the waking up is the hardest part*

Well, I am up late as usual. I stopped by Scott's blog where he reminded me of the cross. It seems silly to say someone had to remind me of the very crux of why I live but sometimes I have to be reminded of the simple and powerful beauty of that love and how I want to pick it up everyday. Sometimes I don't want to pick it up...you know...and that bothers me. Scott thank you for reminding me of this.

Once I dreamed about the cross. At the foot of this cross were piles of broken hearts and there were people in a line as far as the eye could see holding in there hands their broken hearts and then placing their broken hearts at the foot of the cross where the others were piled and then walking away whole. A friend of mine who is an artist said she would paint that picture for me. I think I'll ask her if she could paint it now.

Philippians 2:5-8
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

_____

I want to, as Scott said, go back to the cross placing my broken heart there and leaving with a pure heart like His...a forgiving heart like His...a loving heart like His and most important...a humble heart like His...

From my new cd that Laurie sent to me yesterday..thank you Laurie, it meant the world!
"Dreaming With a Broken Heart" by John Mayer

7 comment(s):

Man the title of this post hits home so hard...

By Blogger Matt Worthington, at 1:31 AM  

thanks for the reminder Bev, i wish sometimes I could dream so vividly. peace sweet sister.

By Blogger happytheman, at 5:34 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

By Blogger Mrs. Goodneedle, at 6:07 AM  

I, too, have had an image while dreaming that somehow survived the process of waking up. I will, at some point, transfer this image to a piece of fiber art but right now it's a sketch. It came to me as a command and subsequent reponse: "Lift up your hearts"... "We lift them to the Lord". It's an image of a shattered heart being lifted by human hands in front of a background sky filled with floating hearts(now made whole)combining to form a cross, THE cross of Christ. I know I don't comment often but today I needed to weigh in and offer up hugs and encouragement for all that you do, for all that you are. We love you!

By Blogger Mrs. Goodneedle, at 6:32 AM  

I want to see that picture when it's finished, Bev. Beautiful. I love you.

By Blogger Katie, at 8:24 AM  

matt...I love this song and man, it just fit..

happy..peace to you too and have fun in california

mrs. goodneedle..well, i feel honored that you have stopped by. wow, i love your dream and thanks for hugs and encouragement..I'll take that from Kyle's mom anytime!

katie..you got it girl and oh how i love you and that jeremiah boy!

By Blogger Beverly, at 10:35 AM  

Ummmmm - it sucks when you take MY idea and make it better than MY idea ;-) Seriously, excellent post.

By Blogger Scott, at 1:38 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home