Saturday, January 06, 2007

Talk, talk, talk..words, words, words...i grow weary of it all...



Sometimes...we don't see the forest for the trees...sometimes, most times, actions speak so much louder than words...

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. I Corinthians 13

"Words (Between The Lines Of Age)"....Neil Young

Someone and someone
were down by the pond
Looking for something
to plant in the lawn.
Out in the fields they
were turning the soil
I'm sitting here hoping
this water will boil
When I look through the windows
and out on the road
They're bringing me presents
and saying hello.

Singing words, words
between the lines of age.
Words, words
between the lines of age.

If I was a junkman
selling you cars,
Washing your windows
and shining your stars,
Thinking your mind
was my own in a dream
What would you wonder
and how would it seem?
Living in castles
a bit at a time
The King started laughing
and talking in rhyme.

Singing words, words
between the lines of age.
Words, words
between the lines of age.

6 comment(s):

So anyway, as I was saying about my stuff...

Seriously - great post. Words can have great power, but only if they come from a place of sincerity and severe love. Otherwise, they are, as the passage you've cited clearly states, vacuous and stupid.

By Blogger Scott, at 10:20 AM  

What's "vacuous"? I assume it means empty. Scott, where did you learn all those big words?

By Blogger Vonnie, at 3:28 PM  

Certainly can be easier to just talk a problem to death rather than do something about it, can't it?

By Blogger reJoyce, at 6:02 PM  

The thing is.. I'm so much of a words person. I have often thought of how words are cheap--as in they cost nothing- but they mean so much to me. I have been VERY hurt by silence.

But, of course, I completely agree that empty words are just that--they offer nothing.

By Blogger Laurie, at 11:37 PM  

scott..exactly..the heart behind words are what communicate..

vonnie..hahahaha...scott and his words..I must say my vocabulary has widened since knowing that preacher boy..

rejoyce..right..exactly right..

laurie..don't get me wrong, i love words..i have friends who live in far places and when i talk with them i treasure every word..i love reading others words..its really about specific words spoken from specific people lacking, as Scott said sincerity, that makes me weary..its like some feel just because they say them because it makes them feel better it must make me feel better..words without action are like me watching a work-out video while sitting on my couch..I can't expect anything unless I get up off the couch..

By Blogger Beverly, at 11:32 AM  

ha! Beverly. That's a perfect illustration.

By Blogger Laurie, at 1:00 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home