Friday, December 29, 2006

And I thank you*

Claude-Joseph Vernet (French, 1714–1789)
Mountain Landscape with Approaching Storm, 1775

Just got back from Dallas. I met a friend there who not only put me up in a nice hotel but bought my meals, paid my way into the art museum and gassed my car up. I was so touched by it all.Somehow this friend knew exactly what I needed...

Road the trolley to the Dallas Museum of Art where I sat on a bench and stared at my favorite painting. Approaching Storm is so beautiful you can almost hear the thunder rumbling.

So here's to a great friend who took care of me for a day and 1/2...thank you!

*From "I Thank You" by Bonnie Raitt

9 comment(s):

You got gassed up in the car? We have open container laws here in NC....


Glad you had a good time and that you had some time to talk this morning.

By Blogger Flake, at 8:20 AM  

Kyle..oh my word, you saved my life calling me on the road this morning..i was so sleepy..thanks buddy!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:56 AM  

Welcome home. It sounds like you had a good time.

By Blogger Vonnie, at 10:49 AM  

vonnie..yes, i did..thanks.

jeremy..yep you better believe it!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 12:27 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger Scott, at 1:58 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger Scott, at 2:39 PM  

Gassed up your car??? That's going a bit too far, IMHO. Nonetheless, it sounds like you had a great time. Here's hoping your friends were as blessed as you were.

Am I right to guess that you saw this painting at the museum? Was it at DMA?

By Blogger Scott, at 3:23 PM  

*sigh* back to blogging.

beingselfish.com - go there - see why Scott's last name is "Self"

By Blogger Scott, at 3:39 PM  

scotttttt...yes it was at the DMA and what you're back..going there to your new blog!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 5:46 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home