Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Keep on growing, gotta keep on growing.*

So..I went to my combat class this morning. There were four people there including me. The teachers have been telling us that alot of people will be in class after new years because of their new years resolutions. She said its crowded for a few weeks then it dwindles down.
Hmm..What will my new years resolutions be? I mean, I've been going to exercise class and I haven't lost 10 pounds this last week but I have lost 5. I'm feeling pretty strong in that way. Oh yeah, I just thought of one. Katie told me she would teach me to knit. I think that will be one. Yes, I will learn how to knit. I think I want to write more letters. Email has robbed us of the experience of sitting down and writing letters. I love getting letters. So, I will write letters. Well, that's two so I'll keep thinking...

How do you feel about new years resolutions and if you're into it, what are yours?


*From "Keep On Growing" by Sheryl Crow

6 comment(s):

I've got one. I'm keeing it to myself. For fear of jinxing myself. :)

By Blogger Shawna, at 5:16 PM  

I haven't made a New Years resolution in eons. The last one I made was when our oldest was born 22 years ago. We resolved to always wear our seat belts. I haven't broken that one yet. Figured I'd stop while I was ahead. :-)

By Blogger reJoyce, at 5:31 PM  

mail me a letter i'll write you back..

By Blogger happytheman, at 9:07 PM  

I want a letter too! :) I'm resolving to try a dance class...and to read all the books I own that I haven't read...and oh, there are lots more. And of course I'll teach you to knit!

Enjoy your trip to Dallas, Bev! Love you!

By Blogger Katie, at 10:16 PM  

I want to learn how to knit too!! How fun is that! I am hoping to become more creative and that would be a good way to start! I'm not going to resolve to be creative because that sounds too, I don't know, uncreative. But that's where I hope 2007 takes me.

By Blogger Candy, at 5:09 AM  

I had one resolution and one thing on my list of things I had been thinking about doing for years. My resolution was to loose forty pounds in a year. I didn't quite get there, but I did loose 30- so I figure that's great and I am proud of that. My resolution for next year is to do some strength/weight training to get toned up and try to get back to my fighting shape.

The thing on my list was learning how to knit. I got a starter knit book at Barnes and nobles that is for teens. I think it's the "Klutz" version. Anyway, it's great because it has lots of pictures (I need pictures). My sister is great at knitting so she was a big help and I also bug the ladies at the fabric/yarn shop. They are pretty nice and are good at helping me. I also go onto the diynetwork.com site to the "knitty gritty" show for ideas. The show is good and I Tivo it sometimes, too. Good luck!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:03 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home