Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The ocean, the ocean washes my feet. Splashes the soul of my shoes.*



So my friend called me yesterday and said she was flying me to Florida for two days in June to meet up with one of my old roomates.

There's something about the ocean that calms my spirit. There's something about the ocean that reminds me there's something so much bigger than me that cares for me. I love the mountains and I love the desert but the ocean is where I most want to be when all seems overwhelming.

I am so excited and so humbled that someone would do this for me. A friend of mine told me that I just might be surprised who the church ends up being as I walk through what I have these last few months and he's right.....thanks Cheri!

From "The Ocean" by U2

9 comment(s):

Aren't friends wonderful?

I also love the beach. It soothes my soul.

By Blogger reJoyce, at 6:15 PM  

I love the beach too. You are so blessed to have such a good friend. Tom keeps asking me when you are coming to Tucson

By Blogger Vonnie, at 8:54 PM  

I love the beach too. You are so blessed to have such a good friend. Tom keeps asking me when you are coming to Tucson

By Blogger Vonnie, at 8:55 PM  

Sorry about the double post - I don't know what happened.

By Blogger Vonnie, at 8:56 PM  

That's wonderful, Bev! I hope you have so much fun!

By Blogger Katie, at 6:51 AM  

I agree with you about the ocean - that is one place I see God and can rest in His presence. Hope you have a wonderful trip. God is good all the time.

By Blogger Sarah, at 5:16 PM  

"The ocean, the ocean washes my feet. Splashes the soul of my shoes."

Okay, I know lawyers have reputation for ruining everything, but I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!!! How can the ocean splash Bono's feet if he wearing shoes?

Okay, enough "sucking the life out of this post"....

Enjoy Florida and all the splendor of what God can do with a little sand and water.

By Blogger Jim V, at 5:44 AM  

What a wonderful expression of friendship! Enjoy every moment; I agree with you about the ocean--there's nothing quite like it.

By Blogger Laurie, at 10:57 AM  

I gotta talk to MY FRIENDS!!! I THOUGHT I had some pretty good ones, but never to fly me away to be with them!!! heehee. Beverly you deserve the trip, and enjoy the ocean!!! Its sooo cleansing....you feel like you can do "anything" after swimming & playing in the ocean!!

Enjoy!!

By Blogger Dina, at 12:03 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home