Tuesday, April 10, 2007

these are the things i just don't get...

how can a father sit and tell his son and daughter that he's moving away for 7 months to have time to pray and journal?....this i do not get...and why do you have to move 2000 miles away to think about things..

my babies are amazing and i would have some big trouble not seeing them for a few days...

i signed on to be a parent...am i wrong to think that these babies come before me...isn't that what its about..?

so easy to say you would take a bullet for your kid or walk out into traffic to save them but not so easy to walk them through divorce....its just been so hard on him....he says...

very sad..very sad...very sad...

13 comment(s):

Thinking of you...love you...praying for you!

By Blogger Sarah, at 4:01 PM  

It's sure hard to understand why people do some of the things they do. We do indeed live in a fallen world.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

By Blogger reJoyce, at 5:30 PM  

I am sorry that you are dealing with this, Bev, and feel as you do here. You could probably use to get away and journal, too, but that isn't an option, is it? Why? Because you need to be there...

By Blogger Laurie, at 7:47 PM  

you're right. i don't get that at all. it is sad.

By Blogger Candy, at 5:21 AM  

Miss Bev I'm so sad that you and kids have to go through this. My sons have had to go through thier father walking out on them(ask Matt). I don't understand and never will. I know you are a strong woman of faith and that will help you get through this. I know what this feels like and you hurt so bad for them. You are a good woman and mom. They know you'll be there and that counts alot. I will pray for you...you are never alone!
Bonnie

By Blogger Pobreza Amada, at 4:11 PM  

Well Bev, you know me. "Mr. Silver Lining." The fact of the matter is this: He hasn't really "been there" for the kids even though he was physically present and available, right?

Well at least now, to the kids that is, his "not being there" can be trumped up the the long distance as opposed to his basic lack of interest in being a parent.

And no, I don't get that either. Every Thursday night is Grammy's night with Rebecca, so she does a sleepover. So it's about 60% "yahoo, time to be a grown up!" and then that wears off and its "I miss my kid!!". I'd never want to be that far away.

Perhaps there is an epiphany moment waiting for him out there 2,000 miles away. Let's hope so. But at the very least, at least he will no longer be front-and-center in front of the kids acting like a dope.

By Blogger Jim V, at 3:32 AM  

Bev- as CRAZY as this sounds...I feel SORRY FOR HIM!! Not in the way you think I mean, I feel sorry for him that he's SOOO CLUELESS, sooo LOST, and is MISSING OUT ON SOOOO MUCH!!!
Men that RUN are sooo WEAK!!

I DON'T HAVE TO SAY BE STRONG...YOU ARE!!!

BLESS YOU,

Dina

By Blogger Dina, at 9:35 AM  

Beverley.. you need to be an adult to be a parent. Unfortunately for some, adulthood, with all it's responsibilities, is just too hard to maintain, so they retreat to childishness with all it's excuses and self justifications. However, adulthood is so rewarding because you can then bring your children into adulthood. Thank God for parents who choose to be adults,

By Blogger billy, at 9:34 PM  

Bev, I don't understand this either. Sam and Whitney are so lucky to have a mom who thinks they are fantastic...I'm just sorry their dad is being awful. I love you...and I hurt for you...so much.

By Blogger Katie, at 7:00 AM  

Bev,
You are an awful lot like my mama, who just happens to be the most amazing woman on earth. And well, that also sounds a bit like my Dad... When I asked my mom why dad is the way he is, she just tells me so that we can see how good our God--heavenly FATHER is to us.
I know that doesn't make it not suck, though. Your family is close in heart and prayers. love you!!

By Blogger Katie, at 10:10 PM  

I'm sorry. Please know that we are hurting for you and Whitney and Sam.

Does that 2,000-mile trip take him through Arkansas? If so, I could meet up with him and take a baseball bat to his head. Just a thought.

By Blogger Deana Nall, at 7:38 AM  

Thank you all...I love you and appreciate your friendship! Billy, you commented on my blog..wow..I am touched!!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 5:49 AM  

We hope it gets better

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:33 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home