Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Let freedom ring, let the white dove sing.*



Ingredients for a Day of Emancipation


Hammer and crowbar

screwdriver

utility knife

duct tape

friend

sweat and tears

stamina

hope


cutting into the old carpet

ripping it up

I find dirt and grit

I sweep and vacuum

through tears I find a

nice clean foundation underneath it all

It was there all the time

wiping my tears away

I smile




*From "Independence Day" by Martina McBride

5 comment(s):

I love this! Very good metaphor too... hey, isn't it amazing how much dirt hides under carpet?!

By Blogger gracie, at 2:47 PM  

very cool

By Blogger Dina, at 10:01 PM  

great post, Bev.

By Blogger Laurie, at 7:23 AM  

Amen. Great post.

By Blogger Katie, at 11:52 AM  

Second best country song ever.

By Blogger Cole, at 1:20 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home