Tuesday, August 14, 2007

when i looked around, the world couldn't be found, just me by the sea*


High points at Padre Island:

*Being with my amazing daughter and my precious niece

*turkey pannini from Jason's Deli

*communion on the beach with my girls

*sitting in folding chairs, in the water, as the waves come in

*driving on the beach...couldn't believe that one...you just park like 20 feet from the water..so cool..

*watching a very patient father teach his little boy how to surf....mindful of my Father who gently helps me back on the board when I keep falling off..

*long walk to the pier and chance meetings with families, children and dogs...lots of smiles

*being enveloped by warm blue green water

*slight chill from sun kissed skin while eating a yummy hamburger at Chilis

I love the ocean..shh..don't tell but its like the place where I think God most likes to hang out.

*From "The Ocean" by U2

3 comment(s):

I agree with you about the ocean. I really, really miss living in Corpus Christi, when I would take my two little ones to Rockport every week in the summer to play at the beach. Rockport is one of my very favorties places.

So glad you had a good time.

By Blogger Laurie, at 7:16 PM  

I always thought that I was exclusively a mountain person and not the least bit of a beach person. However, we returned yesterday from a trip that may have changed my mind. I think that now, perhaps, I like both.

By Blogger Val, at 8:54 PM  

Beverly, that was a beautiful post!! thanks for sharing!

By Blogger Dina, at 1:14 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home