Friday, August 03, 2007

May you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift*




Sam gets on a wakeboard for the first time.

The McCloud family have taken Sam in and made him feel so welcome in their home and at their lake house and let me tell you it just does my heart good. I love these people. I have prayed for families who would surround him especially fathers and they have been an answer to my prayers. Anyone who puts their arms around my kids right now well, I am their biggest fan.

Sam has been gone all week at camp in the mountains of New Mexico Jett (the dog) and I have missed him greatly. Noone knows what this boy has seen and heard and experienced this last year although some have heard some of the stories but I have to tell you that I admire him and I love to see this smile.




*From "Forever Young" by Bob Dylan

5 comment(s):

He looks AWEWSOME!! He looks like he's done this before. i'm soo happy for all you guys, throughout adversity, you've all done so well!!

By Blogger Dina, at 10:12 AM  

Go Sam!! I know that feeling of gratitude when you realise that other people really love your kids and are happy to mentor them. truly wow.

By Blogger gracie, at 6:47 AM  

I think that is what we want most for our kids--for them to be seen and known and loved by others in this world.

This is such a great picture. He definitely looks like a pro.

By Blogger Laurie, at 8:29 AM  

Wow. That's really Sam? I guess I assumed that you just found a generic picture of a water skier on the net somwhere.

Yeah, he sure looks like he knows what he's doing. And he looks happy, like that deep-inside-happy that you can't fake.

Very cool.

By Blogger Jim V, at 11:29 AM  

Thanks for your sweet comments. You have no idea what a blessing Sam has been to our family this summer. We have loved every second we have got to spend with him. I love this picture too!! He was soo determined and HAPPY!! I am so proud of him. With love, His Wake Board Instructor :)

By Blogger Barbara Mc., at 6:12 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home