Tuesday, October 09, 2007

And if the night runs over and if the day won't last and if your way should falter along this stony pass its just a moment this time will pass*


Words...what have been the words that have been the most comfort at a time when hope was a far away place?

My most cherished have been no words, just arms and hands and patience as they sat with me through the moment...

How about you?

*From "Stuck In a Moment" by U2

7 comment(s):

That is a stunningly beautiful quote from U2... and you are so right. Just being there is EVERYTHING.

(Which is why blogfriends get frustrated cos all we have is WORDS... not hugs.. to give)

By Blogger gracie, at 5:15 PM  

ooooooooooooooooooo(hugs)ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo(more hugs)ooooooooooooooooooo

By Blogger Dina, at 10:18 PM  

scott recently said to me, "i'd leave you the puppy." it was the closing line of a perfect email full of things i needed to hear.

By Blogger laura g, at 7:09 AM  

gracie..i know that all we have to offer are words on this blog but i have no doubt that if you were here you would be on my doorstep in my hour of need..

dina..amen!

laura g...that scott, he is a good friend to many and that is so sweet.

By Blogger Beverly, at 9:37 AM  

Thanks for dropping by.

Glad you liked my quote.

You can come by and visit and leave comments on Friar Tuck's anytime.

By Blogger Friar Tuck, at 4:45 PM  

Words mean a lot to me. Some on the most important ones to me have been:

"Stay."
"I'm not going anywhere."
"I'm here."
"I love you."

I appreciate tangible and reassuring love when hope is hard to come by. Someone willing to stand by you through hard times allows you to feel valuable, and that is a huge gift.

By Blogger Laurie, at 10:02 PM  

I agree, Bev...the best words are often no words. But, failing that, I think the very best ones are often, "I love you." "I'm here." "You are precious to me."

By Blogger Katie, at 6:01 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home