Sunday, September 16, 2007

The truth of it is there's a right way to live and you showed me*


If you are in Abilene this week go hear Landon Saunders on Monday night..he is a man who taught me a lot about God. He has such a gift of speaking to you personally when you are in a crowd of 1000.

When I went on a campaign to the Northeast one of my contacts was a communist revolutionary from Venezuela. Landon was preaching at our Searcher's Seminar nightly at an Elementary school. Maria wanted to meet him because she told me in her broken English that he has a peace that she wants to know about. I went over to Landon and asked if he could come meet Maria. He came over and as they talked, Maria said, "Beverly, tell him of my beliefs." I explained to Landon in my southern Alabama accent, "Well Landon, Maria is a communist revolutionary." He began to explain to her in such a beautiful brilliant way what Christianity has in common with communism. He knew where to meet her and was not afraid to go there. I just sat there amazed. I got to stand beside the baptistery as Maria was baptized and I'll never forget the moment she came out of there like a wet rat with a new spirit..pretty amazing stuff for a 19 year old to witness.

*From "Stand Here With Me" by Creed

2 comment(s):

he nailed it....

By Blogger happytheman, at 7:21 AM  

He single-handedly (and from a long distance) healed an entire church I attended when I was a teenager - through his video series "The Heart of the Fighter" - What a great person.

By Blogger Scott, at 8:32 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home