Monday, September 03, 2007

Random thoughts on a Monday...




Ive been lately thinking about my life's time*

Whitney has been reading Maggie, Girl of the Streets by Stephen Crane.
Stephen Crane wrote The Red Badge of Courage when he was 24...24 years old!

Go see the trailer for Wes Anderson's new movie The Darjeeling Limited...I can't wait!! Wes Anderson directed Bottle Rocket which is on my top 10 list.

Wednesday is my birthday.

The last 2 months I have for the first time: used a drill , learned what a rip cut is, laid tile, put down laminate floor, in the process of learning how to replace a light fixture, gone to Lowe's like 3 times a week and (drum roll) bought and used my own saw.

I'm grateful for a lot of things: sleeping in today (not slept-in for years seems), Whitney and Sam, my sweet Jesus who has held my hand and hasn't let go, the smell of a new room, my class, good friends who call me even when I don't call them or pick up, my little park pond and that white pelican Fred oh and turkey and pepper jack panninis.

Have a great week everyone...got any random thoughts today or things or people you are especially thankful for?...discuss

*From "Poems, Prayers and Promises" by John Denver



4 comment(s):

I have a random thought ... Wes Anderson is the best director ever ... e.g. "Rushmore."

"What kind of nurse are you?"

"O.R."

"Oh REALLY???"

By Blogger Scott, at 10:58 AM  

scott..yep, funny scene from Rushmore..that's one I haven't seen.

By Blogger Beverly, at 12:51 PM  

I used to be an O.R. nurse!!!

random things... I'm thankful every time I hear my children laugh. It makes me think that despite my neuroses they will be ok!!!

Do you have a pic of pepper jack panninis?

By Blogger gracie, at 11:51 PM  

I am thankful that Madeline is SO excited to go to school. I am thankful that I felt Anna squeeze my hand just a little harder when she entered her room, but then found a friend and began playing immediately.

I am glad to know that I can be the one walking them in--that I am the one that will offer them a little bit of security--but that I am also the one who is standing back, watching them go on to bigger things.

I am especially thankful for my family and friends.

I am SO proud of you, Bev, for going on to bigger things, too. A saw-- Wow!

By Blogger Laurie, at 12:26 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home