Tuesday, October 02, 2007

It's been a month since he saw her face *


his phone works..its been over a month since he's talked to his kids...i don't get this..


sorry guys, just sitting here at this computer thinking about some sad stuff.



*From "Father's Son" by 3 Doors Down

9 comment(s):

Sigh. Some things are beyond comprehension. Sorry.

By Blogger reJoyce, at 6:57 PM  

I know Bev....i saw Joyce Meyer this morning and her guest was Joel Osteen and his wife. they were talking about situations out of our hands (or control). Joel's father was a huge pastor, his wife's father i don't think was a christian? anyway they both fell ill , and prayers of course to get them better. Joel's father who was a prominent pastor passed away (prayers not answered). I guess what I got out of that is THINGS will happen , good and BAD, AND THEY ARE JUST OUT OF OUR HANDS. I'm sure its devastating to you and the KIDS... BUT MAYBE, JUST MAYBE they are being PROTECTED somehow by lack of intimacy...I hear you and your pain...please know that I pray for your family!!!

Love, Dina

By Blogger Dina, at 9:01 PM  

Bev that's incomprehensible, a friend hasn't heard from her Dad in six months and he lives in the same town, she's hurt and she's angry and she's not willing to even see him right now and all these feelings are justified.

We cannot undo our old mistakes or their consequences any more than we can erase old wounds that we have both suffered and inflicted, but through the power that memory gives us of thinking, feeling, imagining our way back through time we can at long last finally finish with the past in the sense of removing its power to hurt us and other people and stunt our growth as human beings. - Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)

By Blogger happytheman, at 9:16 PM  

thanks guys...I appreciate your words more than you'll ever know.

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:28 AM  

I'm sorry, Bev. I can't offer any answers, but I'm sorry. Love you.

By Blogger Katie, at 8:32 AM  

Beverly,
I am so sorry. I believe that silence can hurt the most... But I pray that this kind of destructive, SELFISH silence will be replaced by many other rich sounds of love.

I like Buechner's words--they are hopeful; I just wonder how to get to that place sometimes.

By Blogger Laurie, at 10:36 AM  

katie..your love means so much

jeremy..as usual you are not a man to mince words..hmm..is that how you spell mince?..."let him go'..I know you are right.

laurie...yep, you are right..and that buechner dude had some good stuff too

By Blogger Beverly, at 3:26 PM  

Incomprehensible, sad, senseless, selfish, gut-wrenching...

ALL kids deserve to be loved by their fathers. But if ALL kids deserve it, yours do more.

Maybe Dina and Jeremy are right - perhaps this is, in the long term of it all, better than a caustic relationship. Who can know?

Sorry, Beverly.

By Blogger Scott, at 7:12 AM  

hurts dear friend. children in pain, hurts.

By Blogger gracie, at 5:55 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home