Wednesday, March 26, 2008

And she says beautiful Jesus make me look like you *


I was standing at the doorway of my classroom when a line of students walked by. They were all girded up in their bus safety harnesses and headed for home. One little girl stopped, as I was waving to them, and said to me, "You look like Jesus." I leaned down to look in her precious little eyes and told her, "I'm working on it." Today a little boy stood poised at the water fountain watching me walk down the hall. He is 4 or 5 with a long braid of hair down his back and has been my friend ever since I heard that a substitute told him he looked like a girl.So Alfonzo is my friend now and stood there beaming, lifting up his necklace to show me...it was a fish with Jesus' name engraved on it. I got so excited and was able to tell my friend Alfonzo about how much I love this man Jesus. This moment in time made me realize that I am in fact, exactly where I need to be and maybe a bit less important ,exactly where I want to be. Thank you to the little precious hearts who walk the halls of a school, in the middle of a neighborhood, where some would fear to tread. Thank you for keeping me on track. I am not there, but I seek to look like my savior.

*From "Beautiful Jesus" by
Sara Beth Geoghegan

5 comment(s):

Man, that is sooo cool!! Times like that, don't you feel it's JESUS HIMSELF..through these people to just show you a glimpse of HIM?!!

By Blogger Dina, at 12:30 PM  

You do look like Jesus, Bev. Love you.

By Blogger Katie, at 4:32 PM  

dina..yes, I do..yes, it does..very cool

katie..sweet girl I love you too

By Blogger Beverly, at 10:04 PM  

I'm glad that you are there. Kids are great!

By Blogger Vonnie, at 8:34 AM  

Wow, what kids you have! So glad you are there, too.

By Blogger Laurie, at 7:58 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home