Monday, March 31, 2008

"You heavens above, rain down righteousness; let the clouds shower it down. Isaiah 45:8

Send some rain, would You send some rain?
Cause the earth is dry and needs to drink again
And the sun is high and we are sinking in the shade
Would You send a cloud, thunder long and loud?
Let the sky grow black and send some mercy down
Surely You can see that we are thirsty and afraid
From "Gratitude" by Nichole Nordeman

I have a few flowers. I have just really been excited that I have kept them alive these last few months. As my surgery approached and post surgery I didn't do so great keeping up with them. I panicked when I saw how pathetic they looked and watered them. When they only seemed to droop lower it just bummed me out. I looked outside, a couple of days after this great rainstorm blew through town and God just rained down on everything, and I noticed that my flowers were looking beautiful. I was amazed as I sat outside and thought about how there's just nothing like God raining down on you. This is my favorite time of year when the new leaves are bright green and the grass is changing from brown to green. Its a time of rebirth, of new beginnings and its quite hopeful.


Thank you God for the rain.

4 comment(s):

Lovely post, Beverly. Thanks.

By Blogger Laurie, at 7:59 PM  

Laurie...girl, you invited me to your blog and that email got deleted..would you send it to me again?

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:30 PM  

WELL, HEY! Look at all the blog posts I have to catch up on! I didn't know you were back, pal! Clearly, I have barely even been posting on my own, much less checking others.

By Blogger laura g, at 9:10 AM  

lovely flowers and YES, thank GOD for rain.

By Blogger Dina, at 11:01 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home