Monday, June 02, 2008

Take every chance you dare, I'll still be there when you come back down*


















Well I know a doctor, a fine young physician
Left his six-figure job for a mission position
He's healing the sick in an African clinic
He works in the dirt and writes home to the cynics
He says "We work through the night so most every day
As we watch the sun rise we can say

Seize the day, seize whatever you can 'Cause life slips away just like hourglass sand Seize the day, pray for grace from God's hand Then nothing will stand in your way Seize the day ~Carolyn Arends "Seize The Day"



This will be Whitney's home for the next five weeks. I take Whitney and Megan to the airport tomorrow and send my baby around the world once again. My heart is just so proud that she wants to go but I'm also having a bit of an emotional day...She and Megan will land in Johannesburg and have to spend the night. They then fly in where the Missionaries will make a 8 hour truck ride to pick them up. I won't know of their safe journey for a few days and I ask that you will pray for my baby girl. I ask that you pray for me , not to worry, and for their safe journey and well, whatever else you can think of..


*From "When You Come Back Down" by Nickel Creek

5 comment(s):

Hi Beverly,
I'm excited for Whitney. I would have loved to do that at her age. Actually I might even like to do it at my age. Sorry I haven't been blogging - but I'm still reading. Have a great summer.

By Blogger Vonnie, at 8:12 PM  

Beverly, I can ONLY imagine how you feel. I will pray for all you guys and I give you big kudos for "letting go". Thats not easy to do...Hi Vonnie!!

By Blogger Dina, at 10:56 PM  

Thanks guys..just got word that they made it to the village!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 7:35 AM  

That Whitney amazes me. I hope the guy she's marrying has an adventuresome spirit! I'll be praying for her (and you, Bev) the next five weeks. I would love to hear her stories when she comes home.

By Blogger Candy, at 6:36 PM  

bev, what village is she in? my sister spent 9 months in el doret, kenya right after college teaching school to the missionaries kiddos. it was a an amazing experience. best wishes to whitney!

By Blogger laura g, at 8:21 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home