Sunday, April 06, 2008

He said "Sometimes you just gotta talk to people to let em know that they still exist"*


I never sat at a bar and ate until Friday night. It was weird being surrounded by all those people and no one talking to each other. It was like I had invited them all to my house for supper but we weren't speaking. I turned to the guy beside me and shared this with him. He thought it was funny. I asked him how his food was and he said,"good." I asked him if he went to McMurry(he had a Mc. hat on) and he said he was going to a junior college right now. He said he was undecided on what he was going to study, but it was a toss up between Agribusiness or Philosophy. I laughed and he said, "Well, you gotta have something to think about when you're on that horse." Amber, the bartender, put lots of limes in my drink because I said I loved them. She was sweet. Have you had any weird experiences eating at a bar? I ended up uncomfortable at first but thought later that I just might do it again. It starts out like a ride in an elevator and ends up leaving you with some kind of a kindred spirit to those drinking and eating burgers with you.


*From "Talking to Strangers" by Ryan Harvey

3 comment(s):

I find it so sad and interesting when I'm sitting somewhere eating alone. This is usually in a food court, and I haven't ever eaten in a bar by myself.

Come to think about it, I don't like eating alone ever...

By Blogger Lucas, at 2:25 PM  

Its very intimadating at first, but it is quite different. I don't have a problem with it!

By Blogger Dina, at 11:02 PM  

blondie..okay..I was not alone..not that brave..haha

dina...so true..I think i'll do it again.

jeremy..yup, I am..thanks for stopping by..wonders NEVER cease..haha

By Blogger Beverly, at 1:28 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home