Monday, February 13, 2006


He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
Psalm 91:4

cover-to afford protection

This verse drew me to it as I was sitting in church, about 4 months ago.(not to imply that was the last time I was in church, but the time I read this verse) I know I have read this verse at least a million times..have you ever felt like this is the first time? You have discovered something that nobody knows about..a proverbial new land. I reached over to my friend Candy, pointing her to this verse. She nodded and smiled telling me a friend of hers has a tatoo of a feather as a result of reading this verse. Okay..I was no Christopher Columbus, (I understand the jury is still out on the whole, who really discovered America..)
I was drowning in a sea of turmoil, at the time, and felt under attack from all sides. I took great comfort in this verse because it was all about protection. The fact that His faithfulness would be my shield...I just loved it and felt an urge to stand up and shout it..but alas, that would have freaked out too many and Mike probably wouldn't have appreciated the interruption of his sermon...yes, Scott, I was reading my Bible instead of listening to the preacher...sometimes my restlessness sets in and I have to find something to do.
I pray you all feel His feathers, His cover, His protection as you walk on the battlfield today..

5 comment(s):

Yes I too am A.D.D. and I have found new meaning to a scripture as well, "Life is but a vapor".

By Blogger Clint, at 7:40 AM  

oh man, Clint, I love that one. It's so true. If we could just figure that out. "Since we consider and look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are visible are temporal (brief and fleeting), but the things that are invisible are deathless and everlasting." Oh yeah, that's where I want to live but, He put me here for now.

By Blogger Candy, at 1:43 PM  

When did you find that one Clint?

By Blogger Beverly, at 3:03 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger Beverly, at 3:03 PM  

I love the imagery you painted here. Great verse to reflect on today!!

By Blogger Chelsie Sargent, at 6:21 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home