Thursday, April 20, 2006

..God sent me a thunderstorm...

When he thunders, the waters in the heavens roar; he makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth. He sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from his storehouses.
Jeremiah 51:16

Yep..God sent a thunderstorm just for me last night..Those of you in Abilene, I am glad you got to reap the benefits of my gift. Some of you may remember my post on Thunderstorms and how I love them...well..last night was amazing. I sat on the front porch of my Mom's house watching the lightning show. It was quite a show. Some of the bolts of lightning looked just like the picture above. I was a bit sad when the thunder rolled off in the distance. He woke me again with another one at 2:30am..I just snuggled up in my blankets and smiled....

In your distress you called and I rescued you,
I answered you out of a thundercloud.
Psalms 81:7

13 comment(s):

I am glad God sent you such a beautiful gift:) I really enjoyed it too. As my friends and I were driving home from Starbucks, our Wednesday night hang out time, I marveled at and praised God's power. I'm glad He put a Heaven-sent smile on your face. It is so good to know that we serve a living and all-powerful God. Enough of my ramblings. It's someone else's turn:) You are loved Bev, very much.

By Blogger Lauren, at 6:44 AM  

GREAT post! I shared in your gift. It was powerful and amazing. I was drying Molly off and letting her in at 2:22. She knew it was coming!

By Blogger Candy, at 7:06 AM  

I loved last night's weather! I'm glad you enjoyed it too. :)

By Blogger Jeans, at 7:35 AM  

It's always my favorite thing to sit in the garage with the lights off and a glass of wine or tea and watch the storm blow by.

By Blogger happytheman, at 7:59 AM  

candy..aww..I worried about my dog last night..that pic of molly is precious.

jeans..it was awesome wasn't it..

happy..tea..that's what was missin last night..

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:29 AM  

Alright, I feel like the only non texanite who reads your blog...I did not have a thunder shower last night, and they're rather rare in this city.

By Blogger Lucas, at 9:19 AM  

Blondie..oh and i am so glad that you come to visit from canada..
the thunderstorms here can be really crazy..we just haven't gotten any rain in sooooo long..we are just one excited group...love you and your little cute puppy!

By Blogger Beverly, at 9:37 AM  

I kinda miss the lightening and thunder. Here in Hawaii, it is very rare to hear thunder, and those displays of lightening are almost nil.

Don't miss the hail and tornados, though.

Great post. And glad Abilene had a drop or two.

By Blogger Scott, at 10:51 AM  

Total awe ... thanks for this beautiful post, and for the reminder of how God's power can wrap us up and engage us in his splendour... the many creative ways he chooses to communicate with us...

By Blogger Deb, at 11:33 AM  

scott..wow..I guess I never thought about Hawaii not getting thunderstorms..I guess you don't get much upper level disturbances colliding with warm moist air..(been watching the weather channel..impressed?)

deb..the many ways..my favorites, through nature..

By Blogger Beverly, at 3:59 PM  

he just wanted to remind you that he has not forgotten about you.

blondie, we have real thunder storms and real cowboys.

By Blogger Clint, at 7:33 PM  

We must have been a day ahead here in Australia cos we got a great thunderstorm the night before (or maybe around the same time???!!!!) wow... about 2am too. love em... (except when the lightening causes bushfires)

By Blogger gracie, at 8:14 PM  

clint..yep..I think so..

Gracie..wow..coincidence..I kept trying to write a poem about thunderstorms but it kept sounding dorky..

Thunder is loud
Lightning is bright
God gave me a storm
so peace and goodnight..:)

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:43 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home