Tuesday, April 04, 2006

"Courage is not the lack of fear but the ability to face it." ~Lt. John B. Putnam Jr.

Do you recall when I took the practice certification test? Do you recall that I was just a bit anticipative about it? Do you?
Well.....I am taking the REAL one on Saturday.....I am really needing to do well on it. I did well on the practice, but you know, you tell yourself stuff like, "Please..you got lucky!" or "Maybe they gave you the wrong test" or something like.."This time you will fail."..............................Anyone out there took a big test lately?

8 comment(s):

God has prepared you for the task at hand:) Take confidence in the fact that He has gone before you and that He stands beside you in this step! This IS your purpose and in YOU God is well pleased. Remember Proverbs 3:5. You are ready! I pray that you may know complete peace and total joy as you take this last step toward graduation. I am so very proud of you!!

By Blogger Lauren, at 8:07 PM  

Absolutely no big tests in at least a year. Although I did do a spelling test at a job interview yesterday....(which I thought was random)

In other news, I read this really cool article on Lake Powell (which I wouldn't have cared about if it wasn't for you) in National Geographic today. You should pick it up or check out the website. The pictures are phenomenal!

By Blogger Lucas, at 10:42 PM  

You'll do great.

And I haven't taken a test in a long while.

And thank Peter and all his fish I didn't have to take a spelling test for a job - I'd be on the side of the road with a sign reading "Wil werk for fude."

By Blogger Scott, at 1:55 AM  

Nope but I have been tested..

By Blogger happytheman, at 11:25 AM  

Beverly, You will do great, I know it. I will pray for you.

I hate tests, so good thing I haven't had to take one in a while.

By Blogger Laurie, at 5:55 PM  

Girl, I agree with Candy. Stop negating the inherent gifts God has given you as a compassionate carer/teacher and just get on with it!

It is too easy to wind yourself up with self-effacing remarks. But if you remember anything from the practice exams, they are a lot about common sense. Those of us who are more ‘mature’ in age and have experienced life a decade or more longer than those 20-somethings fresh out of uni can relate to a lot of the questions on these exams. That’s how I passed the Early Childhood exam – I could not believe how much fun it was to take! I sat that exam the very same day as the All-level Music. I have never been one to do well on exams – talk about panic attacks! But these were actually fun, because both knowledge and experience were combined. I must admit that those exams for certification in Texas gave me greater confidence as an adult than when I took exams in my teens and 20’s. Once one learns the psychology that is behind the exam, is makes revision before the exam a bit more meaningful. (You know when you design exams for your students what elements to incorporate to bring out the best in them.)

So stock up on your fave coffee, apples, and some comfort food while you are revising today and tomorrow, whatever method enhances your learning style. Get some good rest. You can do this well, Bev, and you were meant to do it and come home with a respectable result. Our God has measured out a rich portion of talent for you in this area. My prayers are that you will grab onto this with confidence and the passion you have for communicating with others and for sharing what God has lavishly blessed you with!

Love ya … :)

By Blogger Deb, at 2:49 AM  

Hey Bev,
I was praying for you last night, so please be sure to let us know how it goes. I have faith in you that you do well! I have not taken any big tests lately, so I don't have any words of wisdom on that.

By Blogger Jeans, at 8:01 AM  

Hey, what happened to our Beverly? Did you ASK us whether you were permitted to take a break??? I don't THINK so ;-)

By Blogger Scott, at 1:57 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home