Thursday, March 23, 2006


I am really excited. I am reading a new book, Blue Like Jazz. My daughter read this part to me and told me I needed to read this book. She said, "Its about redemption, Mom. You and Dad need to read it."
God bless her heart....she's right.

Blue Like Jazz
"I once listened to a Indian on Television say that God was in the wind and the water, and I wondered at how beautiful that was because it meant you could swim in Him or have Him brush your face in the breeze. I am early in my story, but I believe I will stretch out into eternity, and in heaven I will reflect upon these early days, these days when it seemed like God was down a dirt road, walking toward me. Years ago He was a swinging speck in the distance; now He is close enough I can hear His singing. Soon I will see the lines on His face."

11 comment(s):

Isn't that beautiful? I know you'll love that book. I did. Glad Sam got it to you. He was so funny with it - acting like he was putting it under the car wheel and throwing it on the roof. Funny kid that Sam!

By Blogger Candy, at 7:28 PM  

Sam is a funny kid..I think he really likes to make you laugh!

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:13 PM  

Tell him to keep it up - I LOVE to laugh!

By Blogger Candy, at 4:35 AM  

Sam did not have a chance with a mom like beverly. funny was his destiny.

By Blogger Clint, at 8:30 AM  

Whatever do you mean Clint?

Chad, Hey, man..okay, I'll check out Anne Lamotte..thanks. I am kinda into writers who just are talking about real stuff, right now.

By Blogger Beverly, at 10:58 AM  

Hey, never read it, but now I might.

Soon as I finish Anna Nichole Smith's autobiography.

By Blogger Scott, at 11:32 AM  

Bev - don't go out and buy Travelling Mercies either - I have it and I loved it too!! See how ahead of things I am. I'll just supply you with all kinds of reading material.

By Blogger Candy, at 12:32 PM  

Alright..thanks Candy!

Scott..Hey...I am sure Anna has some life lessons to enlightened us with..hmm..well..hmmm..uh....

By Blogger Beverly, at 1:12 PM  

I have this book, and have not gotten around to reading it. I really need to though!

By Blogger Jeans, at 3:34 PM  

Jeans..okay..I have just read the first chapter..so get on it and we can talk about it.

By Blogger Beverly, at 3:56 PM  

Hey Bev,
I start this on Sunday. It is really good, and I'm really enjoying it!

By Blogger Jeans, at 7:59 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home