Thursday, March 09, 2006



I am graduating in just a couple of months. I have been surrounded by cheerleaders that have made my, stepping on each rock in the creek, a little less frightening. I am almost done and seriously it blows my mind. I called my Mom, today, to ask her if she would hood me. Let me tell ya, with me graduating and my Mom on the floor with me, this may not be a graduation you want to miss. All Sam's middle school buddies are saying they are coming to yell for me. My brother called me from Hong Kong, yesterday, and wondered
if ACU would have a grad cam set up, so loved ones, far away could be there via internet. I think I am going to videotape the entire experience including the walk up the steps and across the stage. This is something that I never thought I would accomplish..this is it..this is my Everest...but the funny thing is, I still think I will get two steps away from the stage and someone will call a halt!
I will deluge you all with grad pics...I covet your prayers as I finish this race...

11 comment(s):

You have my prayers! I am SO proud of you!!! You will make an incredible teacher! The kids the Lord will place in your class truly have no idea how blessed they are and how much fun and learning will take place at the same time. Let's face it. You are a kid at heart. Love you and the prayers will not cease.

By Blogger Lauren, at 12:59 PM  

thank you! thank you! thank you!Lauren

By Blogger Beverly, at 1:01 PM  

Beverly, what an incredible journey you have taken over the years I have known you and your family. I love the memories - you kids in college, coming back to visit and watching your incredible grandmother sit in the floor (at what was it - 90+ years old), the times around the table with your family, moving away, coming back, and all that was in between. I loved your story about Mark - love that boy (man, now, of course). I am so glad that Polly will be there with you. She gave Victoria her first "Bible" - and she will get to see her graduate at the same time. Told you you could do it!

By Blogger pawatson, at 2:34 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger Heather, at 6:27 PM  

I am sooooo happy for you! I am graduating too. I am glad your mom is going to hood you. That will be awesome. Your mom is awesome and so are you. I hope you have a great week!
Love,
Heather

By Blogger Heather, at 6:28 PM  

Beverly - the clock is ticking and the countdown has begun in earnest! I am so excited for you! Noone is going to call a halt. The crowd is going to go wild. The celebration will be heard around the world. And Abba will smile in great delight!!! I can't wait!

By Blogger Candy, at 7:20 PM  

An early congrats to you, Beverly. I know we have never met, but wow, I am really proud of you, too! I know that what you have accomplished is no small feat, and I am glad that you will have your family and friends there cheering for you.

By Blogger Laurie, at 8:05 PM  

Hey, Bev, I am SOOO proud of you, and I KNOW the pain! ;) Remember, I was ACU's female Raymond Fullerton ... took me 8 gruelling years to finish my BA, then another decade of life to live through (plus a year of seminary) until the point of returning to Abilene and ACU to do the grad work in Edu and get the certification to teach. When I returned, a lot of people in Abilene had never realised I'd left in the first place! (They just wondered why they hadn't seen me in church all those years.)I kept begging the Dean to promise me that I would be certified to teach (public schools) before I was 40. I know you have been such a blessing to those you have worked with in this goal. In the meantime you have also produced two beautiful and vibrant kids. Your future students and their parents will be so rich because of the depths of your experience, and the heart and passion you bring to the table. I've had those nightmares of someone or something calling a halt, too. But with Polly on one side and Merlin on the other, not to mention your kids and many others cheering you on, there is just no way that can happen! I just wish I could be on the other end of that stage to hug you big-time when you bound off.

You can count me in as a prayer warrior, sweet girl. Looking forward to those pictures. Deluge all ya want! :)

By Blogger Deb, at 4:43 AM  

I love Deb's comment. I can literally see you bounding off the stage!

By Blogger Candy, at 4:54 AM  

I am proud of you, and excited for you!

By Blogger Jeans, at 7:43 AM  

Heartiest congratulations! I, too, know what it's like to take the l o o n g road to graduation. And I love hooding ceremonies--the students who have asked me to hood them are special in my heart.

By Blogger English Professor, at 3:57 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home