Tuesday, February 28, 2006


Here's a scene from Bottle Rocket where Dignan is telling Anthony about his 50 year plan. Below is a page from the plan in his spiral notebook. I'm sorry I am bringing this movie up again but these guys kill me..

The Next 25 Years
F. Obviously these years will be heavily influenced by the years that precede them.
1. Multiple accommodations
2. When possible
a. Meet people from foreign countries.
b. Find ways to develop properties
Anthony
Remember what Huey Long said, "You make your own opportunities"

Further Opportunities
..............*****

Did you ever write a plan in a spiral notebook or in your heart and it just didn't work out? Hmmm...the best laid plans..

Job 17:11
My days have passed, my plans are shattered, and so are the desires of my heart.

Jeremiah 29:11-14
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.

Beverly Mann
- (with tears streaming down her face) "Sweeeeet!"

11 comment(s):

Good post! I like the verses you have mentioned. One of my favorite quotes of all times, that I use quite often is, "Best laid plans of mice and men..."

By Blogger Jeans, at 11:34 AM  

Such an awesome scripture! Of course, Jeremiah is one of the prophets I love and can so relate to. I've learned from him that being a prophet is no popularity contest! But I'd invite him over for tacos in a heartbeat!! (For some reason, I just cannot see him using utensils to eat food with.)

Have you ever felt like when you are in the mucky part of God's plans you learn whom your real friends are? Ya want to know if, when they see you revelling in the glorious parts of God's plans for you, they will love you more then, or only remember you for and treat you like you were when you were still wallowing in the dark muck?

How does our love endure for each other as we meet up at different junctions in our journeys?

John, my husband, is fond of this saying: 'If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans!'

We are so bummed, because Bottle Rocket probably won't make it over here until next year. We so love these Brothers Owen. Thanks, Bev, for the preview!

(PS: Here's a link to some lyrics from one of my songs, as inspired by Jeremiah 33.3 -- http://kibbelznbitsbydeb.blogspot.com/2005/09/call-my-name.html)

Love ya!

By Blogger Deb, at 3:39 PM  

deb...Bottle Rocket is an old movie, so you should be able to rent it.
would you be hurt if I asked which deb this is? If you are hurt by that question than forget I asked.:)

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:07 PM  

I'm not hurt ... I sometimes have to review that myself, the more I age and look in the mirror!

This Deb is the one you knew as 'Milstead' or 'Luu-ceeee!' (as in Lucy Ricardo!)

:)

(We'll look for Bottle Rocket or just get it from Amazon. Thanks!)

By Blogger Deb, at 4:27 PM  

OH..that's who I thought..hey, listen its got lots of language in it...so...be prepared...and its kind of slow going..so just sit back and enjoy them acting like idiots....Love you and miss you!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:35 PM  

Language and slow-going -- two of our TV favourites here in the UK!
;)

Love and miss you,too ... come for a visit!

By Blogger Deb, at 4:46 PM  

This just in... I love Beverly too! Thank you so much for your very kind words! You're the best!

By Blogger Lauren, at 1:49 AM  

Bev. I sent an E-mail to your ACU address ... is that one correct?

By Blogger Deb, at 3:29 PM  

deb,
bnicemann@hotmail.com

By Blogger Beverly, at 3:52 PM  

I'm so glad you're visiting my site, Beverly. Since I'm not on blood pressure medicine, I'll just breathe deeply and remind myself that "this, too, shall pass." ;-)

By Blogger English Professor, at 8:25 PM  

jeans...me too..guess it links us to mice..

Deb...alright, now I have a place to stay whenever I am in London.:)

lauren..aww..you precious girl

Eng. Prof...i am right there with you taking some deep breaths!

By Blogger Beverly, at 5:52 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home