Thursday, February 23, 2006

There are moments you remember all your life.
There are moments you wait for and dream,
Of all your life.
This is one of those moments.
I will always remember this chair,
that window, the way the light streams in.
The clothes I'm wearing,
The words I'm hearing,
The face I'm seeing,
The feeling I'm feeling,
The smell, the sounds, will be written
On my mind, will be written in my heart
As long as I live!
Yentl
Okay, I am not much of a fan of musicals. I do love Phantom of the Opera and I liked Yentl.
Are there moments you remember....moments where you can actually smell the memory...songs that send you back to where you were when you first heard it?
I can smell the rain the day that Whitney was born....
I can hear the voices around me as they laid Samuel in my arms....
I can smell the broiled cheese and biscuits my Grandma would make for us after a long morning of yardwork that began at the break of dawn...
I can remember exactly where I was when my Father broke my heart...
I can remember the feel of the water rush over me on the day of my baptism and I remember a picture of the Jordan river painted on the wall...
I could go on and on....What do you remember?

14 comment(s):

When I see a dove I think of my mother. She called me a few days before she died to make sure I was still going to do her funeral. We had no idea she was going to die. We went over the itinerary. One of the things we did, besides carry her off on a flat bed trailer, was let 12 white dove go as a friend sang On the Wings of a Snow White Dove and I’ll Fly away.

By Blogger Clint, at 8:37 PM  

Man, that's incredible. Is that, On the Wings of a Snow White Dove, the song that Robert Duvall sang in Tender Mercies? Where did she live?

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:57 PM  

Clint...is everything going to be okay?

By Blogger Beverly, at 9:01 PM  

so, you made it to my blog, i see. as you can see, i don't blog much. i've got my problems, yes. am i okay? not at the moment, but i am alive and kicking. my email's on my blog if you want to chat more. as i said, i don't venture into the blogging world much. i posted comments today because i just had to say something about kerri and my thoughts about her death and her precious kids. it hurts.

By Blogger megs, at 10:15 PM  

Bev,
I love you. You so get me.

Katie

By Blogger Katie, at 10:36 PM  

I remember it's thursday, so I'd better get the trash out to the curb.

I remember the smell of the pine-forrest back home, the winter air so cold and dry it stings your nose, U2 at Red Rocks, chocolate-oatmeal drop cookies at church potlucks, and my dad whistling a random string of notes (not really a tune, more an extemporaneous composition that goes nowhere).

By Blogger Scott, at 1:06 AM  

megs...thanks for stopping by..come visit anytime..
Katie...you little darlin face!
Scott...you saw U2 at Red Rocks.?.(sidenote..I love their song, Stuck in The Moment)I love that place! Well, I saw James Taylor at an amphitheatre, in Salem, Oregon, under the stars!

By Blogger Beverly, at 5:04 AM  

I remember dancing with my dad while standing on his feet with opera music blasting.

I remember him calling me "princess".

I remember my kindergarten classroom as if I were there yesterday (no wise comments here Clint).

I remember eating watermelon in our backyard and what a treat we thought that was.

I remember Squeaky yelling, "It's a Max!" when Max was born. (He could have been a Zoe.)

I, too, could go on and on. Unfortunately, I could go on and on with the negative memories also. I tend to be a rememberer.

By Blogger Candy, at 5:05 AM  

btw, I saw Wendy O Williams and the Plasmatics and the Ramones in Phoenix. top that! I went to her website and was going to paste the link but thought better of it. Seems I may have some things to be delivered from.

By Blogger Candy, at 5:10 AM  

Candy...you were a punker? Wow, learn something new everyday!
You crack me up..

By Blogger Beverly, at 5:27 AM  

Beverly, yes on both?

Candy, I love that as you type in your world you think of me. My job is done.

By Blogger Clint, at 6:29 AM  

I remember running into my Maw-Maw's kitchen and smelling bacon for breakfast on Saturday mornings. I remember climbing up onto the stool that was reserved for me. It was made of yellow and metal. I sat on it when all the chairs were taken, but for some reason sat on it even when it was only me, Maw-Maw, and my sister.

I remember my mom sitting in her blue recliner and rocking me to sleep. I was probably 4 or 5 and wrapped in a blanket. I love this memory.

I remember the softness of my great-grandmother's skin on her hands as I held her hand and walked with her as her alzheimer's got worse.

I remember the day Daddy said I could have one of his Willie Nelson tapes. This may not seem like much, but it is the best gift my dad has ever given me, and I don't think he even realizes it. He loves Willie Nelson and I asked to borrow this particular tape, as it had "Uncloudy Day" on it. I remember him saying, "Sis, I don't normally do this," (I thought he was going to say no, and I was disappointed)"but, I'm gonna let you have this tape." We were able to attend a Willie Nelson concert a year ago, and it meant so much to me.

I could go on and on too.

Beverly, this is a great post! Good job!

By Blogger Jeans, at 7:24 AM  

Like Candy, I remember everything. :-)

By Blogger English Professor, at 6:45 AM  

What a great post! Now, I will be making a list, too.

By Blogger Laurie, at 6:06 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home