Tuesday, February 14, 2006



My favorite love story...
...Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, "Dear woman, here is your son," and to the disciple, "Here is your mother." From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.

When I had my first child I sat down and wept for Mary. As I watched Whitney and Sam grow I thought of Mary. What it must have been like for her...I love it that the last act Jesus performed was making sure His mother was taken care of and then... He made sure we were taken care of...
Happy Valentines Day...may I love others today as He has loved me...

10 comment(s):

Way to go Beth you are a blogger!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 5:56 PM  

Beverly,

Where did you get that picture? I LOVE it! Please let me know.

By Blogger Lauren, at 7:43 PM  

Please Beverly this is not you. I know you and this is not you. Are do I know you? And do I want to know you? Wait, stop, (dramatic pause) this is getting scary.

By Blogger Clint, at 8:06 PM  

Clint..what the heck are you talking about?

By Blogger Beverly, at 9:35 PM  

Lauren...I just went to yahoo images and typed in the cross..

By Blogger Beverly, at 9:36 PM  

your post

By Blogger Clint, at 10:10 PM  

Beverly - I think what Clint is saying is that this is a vey poignant piece and thank you.

By Blogger Candy, at 5:13 AM  

oh - and Lauren - if you right click on the picture you should be able to copy it.

By Blogger Candy, at 5:14 AM  

ha ha thanks
candy...

By Blogger Beverly, at 9:39 AM  

Beverly: Thanks for stopping by Even Days and leaving a comment. It is good to know that we can ask God questions and learn to trust in him.

Enjoy the day, Brady

By Blogger Brady, at 6:36 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home