Saturday, February 25, 2006


I spent the week doing an Internship in the amazing Mrs. Reece's Kindergarten class. I think everyone needs kindergarten therapy. I loved it. I was a bit hesitant to go to Mrs. Reese's class because of that little incident last semester, when I was visiting her classroom and I unknowingly pulled a chair right out from one of her students. It wouldn't have been so terrifying except for the fact that this student,who was now lying on the floor, was already wearing a seizure helmut. There was a pregnant pause of questioning, if this might be a sign that maybe I should answer another calling...... I got over it.
This week I was amazed at what these kids could do. I would be so enthralled in watching them learn and completing their tasks, when I would be reminded of the reality of my situation, as I look up only to see one of the tiny intellectuals digging in his nose. Eww......I got over it.
Then there was library time when Cadon came over to show me the book he had chosen about Bones. We turned the pages and talked about the pictures. Josue joined us and gasped when we looked at a picture of a real skeleton. Josue then tapped me and he began to ask me a question, which I'm sure he thought would lend itself beautifully to our conversation, "Where is his pee-pee?" Oh my... thankfully Cadon had spotted another picture to show and I was saved..... I got over it.
If you ever get a chance to visit a kindergarten class...don't miss it! It may be a bit gross at times and they may make you blush a bit but you'll get over it.

6 comment(s):

sounds like our small group!

By Blogger Clint, at 9:33 PM  

oops I did not blog twice>

By Blogger Clint, at 9:34 PM  

sounds like my home!

By Blogger Candy, at 4:35 AM  

Teaching elementary students is the most challenging job in the world, in my opinion. (Can you tell I was a substitute for two or more years ?!) But, seriously, it requires a gift, and I am so thankful to those out there who give their time and part of their hearts to children!

By Blogger Laurie, at 6:04 AM  

and no less, twenty-five or more all at the same time! :)

By Blogger Laurie, at 6:05 AM  

Three of my close friends teach preschool. It's always great and entertaining to hear their stories.

By Blogger Jeans, at 11:42 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home