Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Get me motivated....now!!!

Motivation such an aggravation,
Accusations don’t know how to take them.
Inspiration’s getting hard to fake it.
Concentration’s never hard to brake it.
Situation never what you want it to be.
~Sum 41~
Okay, I have a severe case of senioritis. I am really struggling with getting things done and there is going to be a major project pile-up on Interstate Beverly, pretty soon. So, my blogging buddies, help me out here. Speak motivational words, to me. Words that will encourage me to get my butt in gear. Aww...come on you guys, I can always count on you!!
hahaha..I just heard a train whistle, Candy.....

23 comment(s):

get'er done

By Blogger Clint, at 9:30 AM  

I think I can, I think I can:)

Be diligent, and then play really hard--one of my favorites.

By Blogger Lauren, at 9:58 AM  

STOP BLOGGING AND DO YOUR WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem* I mean...uhh...focus...

By Blogger Lucas, at 11:25 AM  

Get your butt in gear, Bev!! You're so close!!! Space it out and you won't get bogged down! Ok, say you have a two hour period of time set aside for stuff. What stuff can you get done in that amount of time? Set yourself a doable goal and then check thru the blog list real quick and get to it!!! In the words of Bob the Builder: "Can you do it?? YES, YOU CAN!" signed your friend the master of procrastination

By Blogger Candy, at 12:30 PM  

well, it just wouldn't be my style to be encouraging.

Jeans mentioned despair.com on her site today. You should check it out - at least you'll giggle lots.

And on a more serious note, words from Geddy Lee...

Still, climbing up the hill
My fingers may bleed but I've got to get there
Still, standing on the hill
My spirit's released, but I've got to get there
Still.

By Blogger Scott, at 1:13 PM  

OK, girl. The priority is to do whatever it legally takes to just get that certification! You will be bombarded with totally distracting rubbish that will mean absolutely nothing to you in six months. I'm sorry, ACU has a lot of great points but it can be notorious for making petty things seem SO important, and those are the things that you have got to ignore to stay sane. You are an adult. You could probably teach some of the kids you take classes with (and some of the professors). If you have a big loan to pay off, you need this certification to take care of it!

That said, when it is time for you to take a holiday, you and Merlin can come for a nice visit and stay with John and me so you won’t have to rob your bank. We will take you to Stonehenge, which if you want you can mount and rappel (heck, you might as well be the first). Or we will take you both up to the highlands in Scotland, and stay at the most gorgeous little steading. From there we can take you to some remote landscape and you can become one with the rocks. OR we can take you on a day trip (or two or three) across the Channel to Bruges, the most wonderful little Medieval town that has the best Belgian chocolate. Lots of swans, lots of canals. Merlin can go visit the London Times news rooms with our dear friend from church, who is the Editor of the Business section. Whatever, we will make it happen!!!

Your certification can help you do all this! If you are too worn out from your students when you make it over here, we will pamper you until you are ready to set out on some day trips.

Now get crackin’!!!

Love ya! :)

By Blogger Deb, at 2:52 PM  

PS: Sending prayers your way.

By Blogger Deb, at 3:43 PM  

Wow..guys..thanks!!!

Clint, The Cable Guy..thanks,,I will.

Chad..dude you better get to work..

Lauren, I like that..I think I will needlepoint it when I have time!

Blondie..yes mam..I am studying the next 4 hours..

Candy..good advice..do you have Bob the Builder's phone number?

Scott..Geddy Lee? Wow..I like that..I may needlepoint that one too! Deb mentioned all the places she would take me and how she would take care of me when I come to Europe..I think maybe you need to paint such a picture of my visit to Hawaii..

Deb..oh my word..that sounds bloody good..I have never been to Europe..So nice to have a contact and friend there..

I am sitting down, ready to study guys..I cleaned my house and went to class and tutored the coolest little kid named Uriah..I call him Uriah the Hitite..now..I am going to study the next 4 hours..

I love you all, which is weird because I only personally know half of you. Blondie, I am so glad you are visiting me.

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:15 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:15 PM  

Wouldn't be fair. My description would TOTALLY win ;-)

Say that with tongue-in-cheek. I would drop Hawaii for England in a SECOND if I got the chance.

By Blogger Scott, at 5:24 PM  

I know the feeling. I had a reserch paper due on Monday for my college English class so when did I start on Sunday night. Not a smart idea. Lets just say that Monday I was not a happy person. I hope you find something that encourages you to get a jump on things. If you find something let me know. I could sure use it. Graduation is so close I can see it. Scary and exciting all at once. I hope you have a great day!
Love,
Heather

By Blogger Heather, at 5:45 PM  

Clint, go read Jeans' post and follow that link to despair.com..funny pictures that I know you would like..

By Blogger Beverly, at 6:34 PM  

Heather...are you graduating in May??

By Blogger Beverly, at 6:36 PM  

beverly, that is where i stole the pic. for my first blog.

By Blogger Clint, at 7:03 PM  

Oh yeah, Clint that boat in the water picture...

Yay, Lynette is home. Yes, good words, feel better.
Well, I have been studying stupid math and then a take home exam in Reading. I have gotten alot done.

By Blogger Beverly, at 7:13 PM  

Scott, my husband would drop England for Hawaii in LESS than a second if he got the chance. The man is a BEACH nut!

We could do a swap, or we could just have a BLOG RETREAT at our place! ;) AFTER Bev gets her certification, though, not before.

Proud of you, Bev ... sounds like you're crackin' those books. Keep it up!

By Blogger Deb, at 12:27 AM  

Yes I am graduating in May. Then I will be going to ACU.

By Blogger Heather, at 4:38 AM  

Ok, I just read through all those comments and the only thing I clued into was Deb's suggestion for a BLOG RETREAT!!! Great idea! Get busy there Bev so we can make this one happen! I'm sure it all rides on you. But no pressure - really I mean it.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that at 4:15 you said you were ready to study for 4 hours and then at 6:34 and 7:13 you were on here posting comments. Do I have to come over there and stand over you and make you study?? We both know that if I did we would be laughing our heineys off and you'd be getting nothing done. So I'll just stay here and harrass you from half a mile away.

love you Beverly

By Blogger Candy, at 5:14 AM  

Candy..ha ha..you are quite the investigator..I was at work. I would study for awhile then take a break, then study for awhile then take a break. I got alot done..feels good.

By Blogger Beverly, at 5:41 AM  

I know what you mean about getting things done at the very end. That was so tough for me my senior year, but you are almost done! Then, you will get to teach children! And, if you don't finish strong, you won't get to teach children, and you will have to do all the classes again. That's a little depressing, but true.

Also, I firmly believe you will finish strong, and I hope that everyone's words of encouragment have helped! I realize I don't know you in real life, but I think you will be a WONDERFUL teacher!

By Blogger Jeans, at 7:42 AM  

I haven't read all the comments but maybe read "Getting Things Done" but not now cause you have to get busy.

Yeah reading all this blog stuff don't help.

Maybe if you just went out and saw the signs of Abilene you could clear your head. Though you would be back in 5 minutes... Hah..

By Blogger happytheman, at 10:29 AM  

Heather..glad to hear I have a partner in crime..

howswede...good advice...welcome, by the way.

Jeans..isn't the blog world real life..maybe even realer..if that is a word?

Amelia..I rocked in tumbling yesterday and I am sore today..

Happytheman...are you making fun of Abilene? I was telling someone yesterday that I didn't want to teach at a certain school because it would be 15 minutes away and that is just too far of a commute!

Chad..wow..C.S. Lewis can just about fit into any topic..thanks

By Blogger Beverly, at 5:55 AM  

"The marvelous richness of human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were no limitations to overcome. The hilltop hour would not be half so wonderful if there were no dark valleys to traverse." Helen Keller

Although this quote could obviously be applied to many of life's situations, believe or not, this is one of the things that got me through grad school. Seriously, this is what I would ponder at 2 a.m.as I was writing those big papers. My thought was that the degree would not mean anything to me if I did not have to work for it.

Blessings to you as you wrap up the semester. It will be here before you know it!

By Blogger Laurie, at 1:55 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home